Booked Adventure and have been away from Royal for a while!

I'm so excited to end our cruise dry spell.  We moved over to Celebrity a few years ago.  Our last Royal cruise was on Freedom in 2015.  We are Diamond and if anyone can answer some questions I would greatly appreciate it!  

Can you please tell me if both people in the cabin need to book the alcohol beverage package or if just one can.  Is there a Diamond discount on the package and is it better to book now or wait?  Do they still offer drinks in the Diamond lounge at night or are drinks loaded onto your account?

I called and booked our JS directly through the cruise line.  I inquired about the Diamond discount and he said it was applied.  When I did a mock booking without being signed in it was the same price.  It listed a $200 NRD discount whether I was signed in or not.  Thank you for the help!  

7 minutes ago, spammie said:

Can you please tell me if both people in the cabin need to book the alcohol beverage package or if just one can.  Is there a Diamond discount on the package and is it better to book now or wait?  Do they still offer drinks in the Diamond lounge at night or are drinks loaded onto your account?

If doing online both have to buy, if you call you can get the refreshment package for the second person.

No D discount.

Unsure how drinks or DL access will be handled post-pandemic.

45 minutes ago, spammie said:

I'm so excited to end our cruise dry spell.  We moved over to Celebrity a few years ago.  Our last Royal cruise was on Freedom in 2015.  We are Diamond and if anyone can answer some questions I would greatly appreciate it!  

I called and booked our JS directly through the cruise line.  I inquired about the Diamond discount and he said it was applied.  When I did a mock booking without being signed in it was the same price.  It listed a $200 NRD discount whether I was signed in or not.  Thank you for the help!  

Sometimes the diamond balcony discount is less than the amount off the cruise and it applies whichever discount is larger. I too was disappointed that the balcony discount isnt always a flat amount off the advertised price.

I think if you watch sales you might get the drink pkg cheaper before you cruise than waiting to buy onboard. But then you have to pay now. Enjoy. 

• Like 1