Japan Cruises Cancelled Through Nov 8 2021

cruzsnooze

Darn it, this is the second Japan Cruisetour I've had cancelled. Not anyone's fault but disappointing. 

I hope this finds you safe and healthy. All of us at Princess are looking forward to the future when we will once again be able to share our world, share our hearts and create lasting memories with you aboard our cruises.

While we work with government and port authorities to try to finalize our plans for return to cruising, we have made the difficult decision to cancel sailings on Diamond Princess, including Japan, through November 8, 2021.

Unfortunately, this affects your upcoming cruise booking, referenced above. Click here ❯ for full details.

We know you were looking forward to sailing with us in the coming months, and we apologize and share in your disappointment over this cancellation. While we maintain our optimism for the ultimate restart of cruising, we know we must take a practical approach.

We are offering you three options to choose from regarding your 2021 booking:

Option 1: Transfer to the equivalent cruise in 2022. We will rebook you to the same or equivalent cruise in 2022. Your 2021 cruise fare, stateroom category, incentives and promotions will all be protected.

Edited by cruzsnooze
  • Thanks 1

• cruzsnooze changed the title to Japan Cruises Cancelled Through Nov 8 2021

Sorry Cruzsnooze for your cancelled cruise. We all know how disappointing it is.

But it is interesting that they are cancelling up to 7 months ahead, for Japan.

I did catch on the news this morning as I was walking past about some new highly transmissible varient in Osaka (I think).

Never a good time for these things but especially bad with the Olympics happening soon and people coming to Japan from all over the world, then returning home.

Japan announced sometime ago

18 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Sorry Cruzsnooze for your cancelled cruise. We all know how disappointing it is.

But it is interesting that they are cancelling up to 7 months ahead, for Japan.

I did catch on the news this morning as I was walking past about some new highly transmissible varient in Osaka (I think).

Never a good time for these things but especially bad with the Olympics happening soon and people coming to Japan from all over the world, then returning home.

Japan announced sometime ago that foreign visitors would not be allowed at the Olympics.  Had friends that had tickets to see their grandson compete and they are not allowed to attend even though they have been vaccinated.

1 hour ago, franktown said:

Japan announced sometime ago

Japan announced sometime ago that foreign visitors would not be allowed at the Olympics.  Had friends that had tickets to see their grandson compete and they are not allowed to attend even though they have been vaccinated.

I also heard that news about the Olympics. They are banning all foreign tourism and only allowing their own country to attend the games. The Olympics were July and early August . My cruisetour was mid October so I kinda thought no decision would be made right now. 

I am happy to hear Princess is protecting the fare and perks.