Is Airbnb the way to go?

Goldconnection

We are planning to spend a few days in San Juan post cruise (finger crossed). We were thinking about going with Airbnb instead of a traditional hotel. Has anyone had any experiences with Airbnb in San Juan. I welcome all comments...the good, bad and the ugly.

• 1 month later...

I stayed in an Airbnb in Loiza (not too far from the San Juan airport) and had no trouble.  We had a car to get around with, so if you plan on using Uber to get around, you may want something closer to the city center.  With Airbnb, you can generally get more space and sometimes a kitchen or laundry, and it is often less than the price for a hotel.  I usually scan the reviews for each property on Airbnb to make sure that the experiences of their past guests have been pleasant.  

On 5/17/2021 at 4:49 PM, o-state girl said:

I stayed in an Airbnb in Loiza (not too far from the San Juan airport) and had no trouble.  We had a car to get around with, so if you plan on using Uber to get around, you may want something closer to the city center.  With Airbnb, you can generally get more space and sometimes a kitchen or laundry, and it is often less than the price for a hotel.  I usually scan the reviews for each property on Airbnb to make sure that the experiences of their past guests have been pleasant.  

Thank you. I have been reviewing the review and comments. Prices are less than the hotels we were looking at. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 10:04 AM, Goldconnection said:

We are planning to spend a few days in San Juan post cruise (finger crossed). We were thinking about going with Airbnb instead of a traditional hotel. Has anyone had any experiences with Airbnb in San Juan. I welcome all comments...the good, bad and the ugly.

We really like Old San Juan and have booked in that area through Airbnb at least 3 or 4 times in recent years.  We travel with another couple, so splitting the cost of the space makes it even more affordable.  There is a nice small grocery store in Old San Juan so we usually go there as soon as we arrive and buy breakfast items and misc snacks and drinks.