Global Entry

margoula

I recently got GE.  Because it was just after my birthday when I applied, it’s good for almost six years instead of five!  

Everyone gets interviewed the first time you apply, as I understand it.  The interview was a piece of cake, super fast and easy.  The only inconvenience was that interviews are done only on certain days of the week, so I had to take time off work.

3 hours ago, ColeyCola said:

I finally got conditionally approved last week. My interview is 5/11. I'm excited of the potential of not being in super long lines. 🙃

When did you apply? I applied on April 18 because of the feedback from this thread, but nothing as of yet. 

16 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

When did you apply? I applied on April 18 because of the feedback from this thread, but nothing as of yet. 

I applied 3/1/21. My sis is still waiting and my mom applied and was approved on two days. But... I also lucked up on an interview before she did. 

Just now, ColeyCola said:

I applied 3/1/21. My sis is still waiting and my mom applied and was approved on two days. But... I also lucked up on an interview before she did. 

Same issue for me. One of my friends applied 2 days after me and he has already been conditionally approved. I have a very common name so I’m thinking that may be a cause of the delay. 

1 minute ago, Seany527 said:

Same issue for me. One of my friends applied 2 days after me and he has already been conditionally approved. I have a very common name so I’m thinking that may be a cause of the delay. 

1 minute ago, ColeyCola said:
4 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

Sorry phone went bonkers. 

I've noticed if you've ever worked for the state/Federal government or been fingerprinted for a nationwide database that tends to speed up the process. 

On 4/18/2021 at 11:29 AM, AstoriaPreppy said:

Global Entry is run by US Customs and Border Patrol to expedite reentry into the USA. It won't do anything when you're checking into a cruise... that's just the cruise line checking your docs and making sure you have a credit card on file, etc. Global Entry is a bit of a pain to get... you need to book an appointment (in NY they're all at JFK Terminal 4), and get out there for the interview and fingerprinting and photos. 

On 4/18/2021 at 7:46 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

The interview in itself is quite intense asking a lot or real personal questions taking about 10 or so minutes.

We did ours at JFK pre-Covid and it was a piece of cake. I think we had to wait abut a week for an appointment, took an Uber to terminal 4 so we didn't have to worry about parking. Waited about 10 mins beyond our appointment time before getting called into the room, but it was easy peasy. 

I was done in about 5 minutes, my hubby took longer because he didn't remember that his middle initial was on his passport and when they kept asking him to confirm his name he was leaving the middle name off. My interview guy was fun, we were laughing and joking, but others in the room were more scary and serious. 

My fee was paid for by my Capital One card, so we only paid ~100 for 2 passes for 5 years. Worth. It's. Weight. In. Gold. I would have paid triple what they charge for the benefits we've gotten.

When we fly we go from the front door of our house to the gate in under 45 mins, and that includes a ~20 min Uber ride to the airport. When we came home from the Bahamas my parents were in front in wheelchairs, and we ended up even beating them through customs even though they cut all the lines. Flying home from England again we skipped about a 1.5hr long line and the customs guy did the obligatory question of 'did we bring anything back home with us?' - we said 'a few bottles of liquor', he laughed and sent us on our way. We probably had 5 bottles each, well over the limit, and I'm sure he knew it too.

• Like 2