Princess EZ Air, flexible vs restricted

CHK

I have Flexible EzAir for our 10 July 2021 Med' cruise aboard Enchanted Princess which Princess hasn't cancelled yet!

I'm prepared to pay the final payment on 11 May but wonder if I should cancel the EzAir booking prior to the 45 day window if Princess still hasn't cancelled the cruise.

If there are still UK overseas travel restrictions in place (i.e. travel to Italy is advised against) 30 days before sailing I can cancel the cruise (reluctantly) and happily accept the FCC.

Am I missing anything? Thanks

On 4/20/2021 at 10:02 AM, skynight said:

Similar with United. In addition United does not allow you to upgrade, even by paying, from economy to premium economy until they receive payment from EZ Air. United in 2020 also did not honor the free luggage benefit from owing their credit card. Prior to 2020 they did. 

I've read of the issue with the checked baggage benefit from the credit card and once when I inquired about it to the airline (United), the response I got was based on the conditions of the T&Cs of the credit card. To get the baggage benefit, you have to pay for the ticket with the CC. It turns out that while you may pay the cruise line with that CC, the actual payment comes from a cruise line account to the airline. Therefore the payment of record at the airline is not the CC with the benefit. Kinda of sucks, but I can understand it. 

Big advantage of booking with EZ Air rather than directly with airlines is in case of flight delay of 1st flight that could mean missing connecting flight.  We had a delayed departure from west coast to further east (mid-west or east coast) to connecting flight which would get us to Europe.  Because Princess worked with the airline that we and several other PAX's would be greatly impacted, the pilot raced the plane, burning more fuel, to get us to the connecting flight.  Normally the 1st flight would park at the domestic terminals but in this case an exception was made to park at the international terminals.  Then an airport rep met us and the other PAX's who were on the international flight to the Princess cruise to lead us expeditiously to thru the airport in order to make our connecting flight on time.

• Like 1