Bahamas to allow fully vaccinated travelers to bypass PCR testing requirement

19 hours ago, boscobeans said:

The shots ARE NOT FREE. Someone pays, whether it is a local, State or Federal payee or some form of insurance whether private or part of Medicare. 

Like almost every form of medical treatment, records are and MUST be kept for dozens of reasons.

Yep I just got my Medicare receipt for last month with the charge for it on there.

7 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I will ask my doctor about that ASAP ...better to have and not need than get left at the dock (fulfilling my usual cruise nachtmahr) Does anybody else have those? LOL🤪

Don't count on your doctors knowing ANYthing about the ICVP.  We had to do our own research and get the blank ICVP forms online.  We were fortunate that our doctors agreed with our decisions not to get vaccinated and prescribed the prophylaxis, documented our medical exclusions and completed the ICVP for us...I'm not confident that many doctors would.  I hope I'm wrong and that you (and anyone else who wants to go this "route") will be able to do it but it's definitely the hard road.  Then, there's still the chance that the cruise line(s) won't accept our position.  We'll just have to do the best we can and hope.  Good luck !!

Just now, RFerrington said:

Don't count on your doctors knowing ANYthing about the ICVP.  We had to do our own research and get the blank ICVP forms online.  We were fortunate that our doctors agreed with our decisions not to get vaccinated and prescribed the prophylaxis, documented our medical exclusions and completed the ICVP for us...I'm not confident that many doctors would.  I hope I'm wrong and that you (and anyone else who wants to go this "route") will be able to do it but it's definitely the hard road.  Then, there's still the chance that the cruise line(s) won't accept our position.  We'll just have to do the best we can and hope.  Good luck !!

But you can use this form with your physician's statement that you did indeed get vaxd as extra proof of that can't you?

15 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I just downloaded the NYS wallet app. They ask your Name, DOB ,the date you received the second dose, the county you were vaccinated in and the name of the vaccine you got. That's how they verify that it's you. Then you get a QR code to store in the app. This will enable you to enter sports events and concerts without having to to show proof of a negative covid test. It has an expiration date of 9/2021 so I will have to resubmit the information when it expires. Much better than having to carry a card that's too big for a wallet.

I will so be checking this out for Arkansas, THX

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Booking It said:

One test in the Chicago area is about $150, so not having to get the test for the visa will save us about $300 and a lot of hassle. 

Down here in central Illinois, we can get tested for free at Walgreens. I'm not sure how far south you would need to go, but it might be working looking into it.