Reduced passenger numbers?

lopar

I’m trying to find if NCL have issued any guidance on initially sailing with reduced passenger numbers? I’d love to sail on one of their newer ships with less people aboard but can’t see any announcements. For example I’m booked to sail on an around the UK cruise next month with MSC on a ship that can carry 6000 passengers but will sail with only 1000. I thought this year might be a good opportunity to enjoy ships with fewer numbers. Thanks for the help.

Denise

48 minutes ago, lopar said:

I’m trying to find if NCL have issued any guidance on initially sailing with reduced passenger numbers? I’d love to sail on one of their newer ships with less people aboard but can’t see any announcements. For example I’m booked to sail on an around the UK cruise next month with MSC on a ship that can carry 6000 passengers but will sail with only 1000. I thought this year might be a good opportunity to enjoy ships with fewer numbers. Thanks for the help.

Denise

Hi Denise 🙂

The latest info was that they would start with 60% capacity then increase this by 20% every 30 days as long as things are safe enough to do so.

• Thanks 1

As the vaccination herd immunity is increased substantially the head count can go upward.

Theoretically with everyone on board vaccinated a ship could sail at full capacity and

even perhaps be mask free - but then the distance spacing factor may still be in play on

safely spreading out all those guests. 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2021 at 10:07 AM, ScratchTheRat said:

Hi Denise 🙂

The latest info was that they would start with 60% capacity then increase this by 20% every 30 days as long as things are safe enough to do so.

Thanks, that's really useful to know.

On 5/3/2021 at 11:09 AM, don't-use-real-name said:

As the vaccination herd immunity is increased substantially the head count can go upward.

Theoretically with everyone on board vaccinated a ship could sail at full capacity and

even perhaps be mask free - but then the distance spacing factor may still be in play on

safely spreading out all those guests. 

True, also I guess they may increase capacity at short notice if they think it's safe to do so.