I need help figuring out how to get a pcr test after leaving a NCL cruise Aug 8?

jules224

Happily booked a first cruise "back"  :)   Leaving from  Montego Bay/   I was told by the NCL agent that I would need a PCR test to get into Jamaica.   Easy.    NOW, the hotel I booked with for my one night stay prior tp departure... just emailed me to let me know a PCR test was needed to get out of Jamaica and it would be 250.00 minimum./     NCL tests to let us off the ship- but doesn't give a copy of the test to be used at the airport.   How does one disembark the ship.. for a 1:00 flight and get a rapid test in between?????  Wish I had known before I booked.  NCL so far is no help/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jules224 said:

Happily booked a first cruise "back"  🙂  Leaving from  Montego Bay/   I was told by the NCL agent that I would need a PCR test to get into Jamaica.   Easy.    NOW, the hotel I booked with for my one night stay prior tp departure... just emailed me to let me know a PCR test was needed to get out of Jamaica and it would be 250.00 minimum./     NCL tests to let us off the ship- but doesn't give a copy of the test to be used at the airport.   How does one disembark the ship.. for a 1:00 flight and get a rapid test in between?????  Wish I had known before I booked.  NCL so far is no help/

You don't need a PCR test to fly back to the US . An antigen test will suffice.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

What types of SARS-CoV-2 test are acceptable under the Order?

Passengers must be tested with a viral test that could be either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT). Examples of available NAATs for SARS-CoV-2 include but are not restricted to reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP), transcription-mediated amplification (TMA), nicking enzyme amplification reaction (NEAR), and helicase-dependent amplification (HDA). The test used must be authorized for use by the relevant national authority for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 in the country where the test is administered. 

On 5/13/2021 at 1:22 PM, jules224 said:

Happily booked a first cruise "back"  🙂  Leaving from  Montego Bay/   I was told by the NCL agent that I would need a PCR test to get into Jamaica.   Easy.    NOW, the hotel I booked with for my one night stay prior tp departure... just emailed me to let me know a PCR test was needed to get out of Jamaica and it would be 250.00 minimum./     NCL tests to let us off the ship- but doesn't give a copy of the test to be used at the airport.   How does one disembark the ship.. for a 1:00 flight and get a rapid test in between?????  Wish I had known before I booked.  NCL so far is no help/

NCL: 

Will you offer testing onboard to meet travel requirements for guests flying back to countries that require negative COVID-19 test results to re-enter the country post cruise?

Yes, COVID-19 antigen tests prior to disembarkation will be administered onboard to all guests and paid for by the cruise line.