connecting suites

Capri73

Hi. We are booked on the Whisper in Dec.Orginally booked a Vista but decided for 2 weeks we would like a balcony. They assigned us a connecting suite. Does anyone have experience with these rooms?

Thanks in advance

We have never cruises in one of the connecting suite cabins but did meet a couple in one a few years ago.   They had booked the cruise like a week out so kind of took what they could get and it turned out to be a connecting suite.  They had no idea what a regular cabin was like and after a few days asked if they could see ours since we were just two or three cabins away from them.  Long story short they went to the front desk and after some negotiations got moved.   Turns out because of the need to provide a connecting door the cabinet arrangement in the cabin is completely different and they felt cramped compared to ours.   I don’t remember them saying anything about noise from the other cabin so I think it was just the different layout of the cabin.   

I'm sure this differs on every ship, but I did have one negative experience with connecting suites. Our neighbors on the Explorer were young employees of Silversea on a "comp" trip. They had frequent visitors, engaged in lively conversations, and were on the phone a lot, speaking loudly! We didn't complain because we didn't want them to get in trouble, but it wasn't ideal. It did seem like the connecting door was the culprit, but perhaps it would have been equally irritating just to share a wall with this gang.