Anyone who has sailed from St. Martin did you get the Walgreens rapid id now

caymancouple

25 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

I'm booked on the July 10 cruise and also would appreciate any advice concerning the test that is required prior to traveling to St. Maarten.

Thanks,

Chuck

The current requirement is a PCR (non-rapid) test no more than120 hours from departure from your home airport or a rapid test 48 hours out.  As of July 1, the requirement for the PCR test goes to no more than 72 hours from departure. The rapid test remains within 48 hours.

16 minutes ago, NanaPam00 said:

The current requirement is a PCR (non-rapid) test no more than120 hours from departure from your home airport or a rapid test 48 hours out.  As of July 1, the requirement for the PCR test goes to no more than 72 hours from departure. The rapid test remains within 48 hours.

The Walgreens ID NOW is a rapid PCR test. I sued this test to go to Hawaii a few weeks ago, and Hawaii required a PCR test.  The turnaround was about 90 minutes to get the results that time.   Walgreens also has a lab based PCR test, which takes longer to get results, as well as a rapid antigen test.  Not all of the Walgreens locations offer all of the tests.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, colo-cruiser said:

The Walgreens ID NOW is a rapid PCR test. I sued this test to go to Hawaii a few weeks ago, and Hawaii required a PCR test.  The turnaround was about 90 minutes to get the results that time.   Walgreens also has a lab based PCR test, which takes longer to get results, as well as a rapid antigen test.  Not all of the Walgreens locations offer all of the tests.

I can confirm that Puerto Rico requires a PCR test and the ID Now test fulfilled their requirement.  Before I researched this, I too thought that the only tests that were PCR were those that took over 24 hrs for result.  I found that that was not the case.  The Abbott ID Now test is a PCR test and I received the results within an hour or so.

Not just St. Maarten, but are both St. Maarten and Celebrity accepting ID NOW as an RT-PCR test?

I'd like to get both requirements done with a single test, but I fly in the day before the cruise, so I'd have to get tested Wednesday afternoon and get results within about 24 hours to upload to EHAS on Thursday to get approved for Friday morning flight to St. Maarten.  That timeframe is cutting it a bit close for me with RT-PCR send-out lab testing.

Edited by DallasGuy75219
  • Like 1