Cunard Vaccination Requirements

ka2toc

We’ve updated our vaccination and testing policy

We are looking forward to welcoming you on board later in the year. As the global situation continues to evolve, we regularly review our protocols and policies and following ongoing guest feedback, we’ve reviewed our vaccination and testing policy and the update affects your voyage.

For all voyages departing from October 13 -  December 31, 2021, all guests 18 years old and over will be required to have completed their vaccination course a minimum of 14 days prior to sailing. All guests 17 years old and below will need to have completed their vaccination course a minimum of 14 days prior to sailing or will require a negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to travel. All guests will also require a negative Covid-19 test at the terminal. The PCR and Covid-19 test at the terminal will be provided on a complimentary basis. This vaccination and testing policy will be reviewed on a regular basis as the global situation continues to evolve. At the time of travel, some ports of call may stipulate specific vaccine or testing policies for guests going ashore that differ from this policy and we’ll let you know if this is the case

If this update has any bearing on your booking, don’t forget we have our free flexible transfer policy.

We look forward to welcoming you on board.

Best wishes

The Cunard Team

I got the same email.  I noted that they did not reiterate their mask wearing requirement, so I am assuming that since it is an “update”, they did not repeat it here.  I would love to be wrong. 

Received same today plus exactly the same details from P&O as well.

Nice to see though we couldn't contain ourselves  any longer and have, out of sheer curiosity,  bagged a 'sea-cation' for August on Virgin's Scarlett Lady out of Portsmouth. 

19 hours ago, Andiamo said:

I got the same email.  I noted that they did not reiterate their mask wearing requirement, so I am assuming that since it is an “update”, they did not repeat it here.  I would love to be wrong. 

I posted on a roll call and emailed Cunard on June 18 pointing out that their 'Sail with Confidence' web page said that cruises such as QM2 after Nov 13 did not require vaccinations but in the absence of a test cruise the CDC seemed to think they should.  The updated text may simply be a reaction to that  - or it could just be a conincidence.