Bringing Air Mattress

butterfly2

Has anyone ever brought an air mattress along for an extra twin bed? We have a JR suite. There are 4 of us. Both kids, girl & boy are teens. We were thinking maybe we could ask the stateroom attendant to remove the small table and chair and use an air mattress so that the kids could have their own bed (one gets the sleeper sofa) and Dh & I could still be together in our two twins pushed together. Or maybe we wouldnt need to move furniture around to make the air matress fit. We would just prop the air mattress up against the wall during the day for extra room to walk around. Anyone ever done this?

Thanks

Has anyone ever brought an air mattress along for an extra twin bed? We have a JR suite. There are 4 of us. Both kids, girl & boy are teens. We were thinking maybe we could ask the stateroom attendant to remove the small table and chair and use an air mattress so that the kids could have their own bed (one gets the sleeper sofa) and Dh & I could still be together in our two twins pushed together. Or maybe we wouldnt need to move furniture around to make the air matress fit. We would just prop the air mattress up against the wall during the day for extra room to walk around. Anyone ever done this?

Thanks

I know how it is with two teenagers of the opposite sex in 1 cabin. It does not work well. We spent a week with my daughter in bed between me and my husband so she did not have to share the sleeper sofa with my son. Someone else pointed out that my husband and I could have shared the sleeper sofa and then seperated the other beds to make a twin.. I guess I did not think of that then, but not so sure I would have wanted to spend my week on a uncomfortable sleeper. Good luck. There is another thread on here about someone bringing in air mattress for there 4 year old twins. you could do a search for it.

When the kids get older, you can get a balcony room plus an inside room across the hall for not much differance then the JS. Then you get two bathrooms, separate beds, and privacy. A 2 way baby monitor works great to keep tabs on things. Wouldn't do it any other way.

Why can't you see if you can just get an extra bed? After all they are just cots with a mattress on it. Call your TA and ask or Customer Service. If you add your cruise to your C&A profile, you can go in and make special requests like the extra bed. To me it would seem a nuisance to bring an extra bed (I'm thinking areobed here).

We have the small beds (smaller than twin size) that we bought from QVC for the kids. We take them everywhere. Our kids are ages 11 and 9 and refuse to sleep together or on a sofa. The beds roll up into a small size duffle bag and are easy to take along. We will be taking both beds on our upcoming cruise--and we too have the Junior Suite booked.

When the kids get older, you can get a balcony room plus an inside room across the hall for not much differance then the JS. Then you get two bathrooms, separate beds, and privacy. A 2 way baby monitor works great to keep tabs on things. Wouldn't do it any other way.

i posted the post above yours about the daughter sleeping in between us. This cruise I already did exactly what you said. We booked a balcony room and the kids have the promenade view inside. 2 showers will work better with the 4 of us.

Archived