is JR suite worth it?

newlu

Hi,

Am booked on the Mariner, balcony stateroom E1, I can upgrade to an balcony stateroom D1 (to get a sofabed for my son) and be on the hump, 9th floor, or I can upgrade to a JS, mid-ship, 9th floor. I would prefer a bigger bathroom and bigger balcony, is the JS worth the extra money?

Thanks so much, 1st time cruisers, want to be comfortable..

newlu

We were in a JS last year on Voyager and loved it. The closet is huge, bathroom was great - room is very comfortable moving around. There is a sofa bed in this suite for your son. I don't remember feeling that the balcony was any larger however. May want to check that out. I think you just have to evaluate how much time you spend in the room, what your budget is comfortable with. Will it prevent you from doing other things like excursions, etc? If yes, I would go for the smaller room and enjoy the extras.

In addition to the extra space (about 90 sq ft) you get a larger bathroom with a tub, a nice big walk-in closet, slightly larger balcony etc.

You will also get C&A credit for two cruises and priority embarkation...depending on the port. All in all, not bad.

Bathrooms in Jr Suites have a bathtub. A nice deep one (we stayed in a Jr. Suite ont he Mariner). With the extra room, there is no banging your shins on the bed in the middle of the night on the way to the bathroom.

My kids actually played in the closet it is so big! It was also used as a dressing room too. Balcony has a lounger, 2 chairs and a small table very comfortably. We were midship and loved it!

All this talk about the Jr Suite :cool:

I had to check .... and then I had to upgrade :rolleyes:

This is the first cruise for my kids and I, this will be a great surprise for me and I'm sure lessen the stress for me ... I'M SO EXCITED :p

No one else has mentioned yet that if you have a suite or above, including junior suite, you get two cruise credits when you join Crown and Anchor. You get perks depending on how many cruises you've done. Had a JS on Grandeur last year and it was great. Booked a JS on Mariner for April this year.

Wraithe

Archived