MSC Yacht Club- compared with X?

Germancruiser

30 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

That's part of the problem. You shouldn't need a special four year degree to sell a particular cruise line. For many of us it's just not worth the hassle. 

Not a problem for me.

I used the same travel agent I used many times in the past.

She said MSC had a special line set up for travel agents.  If she had any problems with them, she didn't tell me.  I was probably more of a problem for her since I can be "needy" at times.😁

You know, when I first started cruising my local travel agent wouldn't book Norwegian because she said she had too many complaints against them.  This went on for years.  I finally found one who would, she toured their brand new ship (at the time....I think it was Jewel) described it as "surprisingly lovely"  and then admitted that Norwegian gave  them less commission and that their  ways were "different."

Edited by mafig

We have had MSC booked a total of five times starting with the Grandiosa out of Barcelona last April. All in the YC. The first four were canceled due to Covid. We actually canceled our first cruise out of Barcelona last February just as COVID was entering Italy. We saw what was happening and decided to cut our loss and cancel the cruise even though we were in the 50% penalty phase. When I contacted MSC to cancel they transferred me to the crisis team and offered us two options. Move the cruise to any ship or itinerary within a year or a “full” refund. I was shocked but took the full refund. Great customer service.

The second cruise which would have been two weeks later out of Miami was canceled by MSC. Also paid in full. We chose a full refund. I had to contact my cc company to go after the refund. Fail by MSC.

The remaining cruises only had deposits and I had those refunded but dealing with MSC USA can be a coin toss but I have had issues with other cruise lines namely RCI where I had to escalate to the executive offices. I think MSC is still trying to find their way with their U.S customer service and is slowly getting better. One last thing to add. Each time that we have booked the YC on MSC the price has been almost half of what an S1 on X would cost. That’s the case with our Edge cruise in May of next year. 

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

One last thing to add. Each time that we have booked the YC on MSC the price has been almost half of what an S1 on X would cost. That’s the case with our Edge cruise in May of next year. 

That has not been my experience.  MSC YC prices about the same as a SS on Celebrity.  I would sail MSC more except that they only offer boring 7-night cruises from Miami.  I don't like 7-night cruises and I hate sailing from Miami!