Dining Experience

Lovincruisin1321

I just read a Fantastic Review about the dining experience on the Edge.  I was literally salivating at the pictures.

However, the ship looks massive to me, so I am opting for a smaller ship experience with great dining.

Is the dining experience (presentation, taste and service) consistent on Celebrity Ships?

I know, I know, "With Covid, all bets are questionable....."

I just want a bit more "bang" for my buck and a special cruising experience.

Dear @Lovincruisin1321,

If you think that you would enjoy the Edge, now is the time to book (and on a cruise not far into the future) -- because only 40% to 60% of normal capacity are going to be aboard with you (in 2021, after which, so it is claimed, Celebrity will move toward full booking). 

Since normal capacity is about 2,900 (which is small compared to ships that can hold 4,000 or more), you will be aboard with only about 1,150 to 1,750 people.  Please do it now, and you won't regret it.

Edited by jg51
  • Like 2

Capacity:  Edge sailings are around 60% capacity at the moment and about the same for the crew, at the moment they are requiring ship only "bubble excursions", it's a good bet that when those requirements go away the capacity will continue to increase.  Capt Kate is 3 months on, 3 off, someone posted the exact date when she's off, I recall it being after 9/15.

Best bang for your buck:  Book at least 3 specialty dining package and factor that into your overall cost.  The Edge has four different MDRs, so you can eat at all four of them and 3 different specialty restaurants.  Pick Fine Cut Steakhouse, Le Petite (plate animation) and Eden (most IG-friendly restaurant on the ship).

I’ll also suggest you give Edge a try…..or should I say ‘give Edge the Edge’ over the other options! You’ve cruise on med/large ships already and the Edge isn’t ‘massive’. One of the things I’ve enjoyed about X is their design of the common areas make them much more open and useable than what I’ve experienced on the ships you’ve gone on before. 

I hate telling others , ‘Do this!’ But if your concern is Edge is more massive than what you’ve done, looking at your cruise history, it shouldn’t be an issue. 

I’ll give one example: With the Magic Carpet set up at deck 2 for arrival/departures, you do not get into long lines and crowds getting on and off. Much nicer.

enough.

den