Pre cruise PCR test 

portofrome

We are booked for a TA crossing next May from New York to Southampton and just wondering where to do the swab test ( if still required) before to join the ship. We have the green pass ( at the moment we are both full vaccineded with Pfizer and J&J) and we will spend 3 night before in NY. If still required our swab test (mandatory for the flight) will be expired for the embarkation day. Is it easy to do it in NY? How much will it cost? Thanks in advance.

Edited by portofrome

As majortom10 observes, it's a long way from now till May, so it's far too early to have any clear answers. According to the 26 July "Sail With Confidence" letter,
"Pre-embarkation Covid-19 tests will be required at the terminal and will be complimentary. We will update this page as necessary and update all guests prior to their holiday departure date."
And if there were to be some issues with providing them at the Redhook pier (It could happen), remember that you're in NY, and there should be many options for you to be tested. (The local drug stores have been offering tests and there's practically a Walgreens or Duane Reed on every block in Manhattan)

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, MarkBearSF said:

As majortom10 observes, it's a long way from now till May, so it's far too early to have any clear answers. According to the 26 July "Sail With Confidence" letter,
"Pre-embarkation Covid-19 tests will be required at the terminal and will be complimentary. We will update this page as necessary and update all guests prior to their holiday departure date."
And if there were to be some issues with providing them at the Redhook pier (It could happen), remember that you're in NY, and there should be many options for you to be tested. (The local drug stores have been offering tests and there's practically a Walgreens or Duane Reed on every block in Manhattan)

Thank you for your reply. 

• Like 1

Tests are widely available without a medical referral. but just be sure in advance that the test and its documentation meet the stated requirements (whatever they are ). For example, I routinely get tested at a Rite Aid pharmacy (mostly because it's free) but Rite Aid warns that they do not meet the testing/documentation requirements for flights to Hawaii (Hawaii requires that testing be performed by an organization on a specific list).

Rite Aid's test result is reported on a web page but not in a format suitable for printing out to show someone looking for documentation. My name, test location, etc. doesn't appear on that page when I review results.

46 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

Tests are widely available without a medical referral. but just be sure in advance that the test and its documentation meet the stated requirements (whatever they are ). For example, I routinely get tested at a Rite Aid pharmacy (mostly because it's free) but Rite Aid warns that they do not meet the testing/documentation requirements for flights to Hawaii (Hawaii requires that testing be performed by an organization on a specific list).

Rite Aid's test result is reported on a web page but not in a format suitable for printing out to show someone looking for documentation. My name, test location, etc. doesn't appear on that page when I review results.

Thank you for the infos.