Bidding for Celebrity cabin upgrades in the weeks before departures?

ERParadise

I am sailing tomorrow on the Edge and made a successful Move Up bid to move from a C2 to an Sky Suite. before I made my bid, I went on the website of the agency that I used to purchase the cruise and figured out how much a Sky suite would cost and how many were showing as available. over 60 sky suites were available, to I made a minimum bid at $740/pp last Wednesday. I got an email that my bid had been received immediately, but did not get notice that it had been accepted until Monday. I was assigned an S1 in a very nice location. I ended up paying in total about &1000/pp less than that cabin would have cost me to purchase.

My conclusions: 

Know what the price of the desired cabin would be.

Know how much you are willing to pay for that cabin.

Know how many are still available.

Consider perks. You will keep the ones that you already have plus get the amenities of the new cabin class. For example: I know that I will now be able to eat in Luminae and go to the suites lounge. I am uncertain, though, if I keep my classic beverage class or get the premium one. I am willing to accept either.

3 hours ago, Tudy said:

I am uncertain, though, if I keep my classic beverage class or get the premium one.

You'll keep classic, as well as whatever internet package and amount of OBC you had prior. The difference in gratuities will be charged to your account.

Still, you've come out way ahead at $1000pp savings.