MSC MERAVIGLIA - Photo Album - 8/2/2021 - Return to Service - First Cruise in 15+ Months!

eroller

4 hours ago, cruisebug722 said:

Thanks for this - booked to sail in the YC in October and this is certainly exciting to see.  So I understand this to read there is a separate section on Ocean Cay just for YC passengers?  I guess I didn't read the fine print wasn't aware of this.  So I would not need to book a special cabana etc for this attention on shore?  Thanks

Yes.  There is a beautiful section of Ocean Cay reserved just for YC guests.  You can easily walk or a dedicated shuttle will take you there from pier side.  In the YC area of Ocean Cay is a bar and restaurant called Ocean House, and a private beach with lots of chairs/umbrellas and plenty of those beautiful YC towels so no need to lug them from the ship.  Also many of the same staff you see in the YC section of the ship will be working in Ocean House and the beach.  There are cabanas on the YC beach if you wanted to reserve and pay for one.  I have no idea how much they are or what is included with them.  

43 minutes ago, eroller said:

Yes.  There is a beautiful section of Ocean Cay reserved just for YC guests.  You can easily walk or a dedicated shuttle will take you there from pier side.  In the YC area of Ocean Cay is a bar and restaurant called Ocean House, and a private beach with lots of chairs/umbrellas and plenty of those beautiful YC towels so no need to lug them from the ship.  Also many of the same staff you see in the YC section of the ship will be working in Ocean House and the beach.  There are cabanas on the YC beach if you wanted to reserve and pay for one.  I have no idea how much they are or what is included with them.  

Super! thanks very for the info.  I don't usually get off in most ports and especially ship owned facilities but now I can't wait for this stop. 

For our sailing the cabanas are $449.  Fresh water, lunch, beverages, towels, four snorkel, four mats, fruit skewers.  Up to six people.

I guess cheaper generally than NCL but if plenty of shade with umbrellas we see no need.

Edited by dexddd

12 hours ago, cyndyga said:

How is the bathroom situation in the YC are on Ocean Cay?? There used to be only one...

I asked this question on a Facebook post by someone who had recently been on Mera in the YC. She took a picture of the one bathroom for the YC, and said there was also a portable bathroom trailer (multiple stalls) not too far from YC beach.

• Thanks 1