Hotel Recommendation Port of Los Angeles, San Pedro, World Cruise Terminal.

Tony O

Thanks for the great information in this thread!  Very helpful.  Based on what I read here, we booked a night at the Doubletree.   This will be for one night while we transition from one Princess cruise to another.

With regards to the Doubletree..... Can anyone advise:

1. Do they have a shuttle that will pick you up/drop you off at the Princess pier?
2. Are there any shops (drug store, wine store, etc.) within walking distance of the hotel?

3. I see in @Bruin Steve's post (#5 - August, 2021) a mention of a shuttle to other San Pedro restaurants.  If anyone has stayed there recently, was this still a service that is provided?

Thanks!

The DoubleTree San Pedro has a shuttle, but as I recall you need reservations, so I'd call them.

There are a couple of walkable restaurants, but not many.

There are some smaller markets, but I'd recommend the Von's (Safeway) on Gaffney. There are a good number of restaurants nearby. If you Ubered to a place like J. Trani's Ristorante you could walk to Von's after dinner then Uber back to the hotel.

The Von's also offer delivery; you'd just have to meet them in the hotel lobby.

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

The DoubleTree San Pedro has a shuttle, but as I recall you need reservations, so I'd call them.

There are a couple of walkable restaurants, but not many.

There are some smaller markets, but I'd recommend the Von's (Safeway) on Gaffney. There are a good number of restaurants nearby. If you Ubered to a place like J. Trani's Ristorante you could walk to Von's after dinner then Uber back to the hotel.

The Von's also offer delivery; you'd just have to meet them in the hotel lobby.

Thanks..... That is very helpful.

• 2 months later...
On 9/14/2021 at 6:47 PM, Bruin Steve said:

And the Crowne Plaza San Pedro is only about three blocks from the pier...I have walked it before.

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to ask your opinion. There will be four of us sailing the Solstice in February. Post cruise I reserved a rental car at the Enterprise at the Crowne Plaza. We plan to get there a little before it opens at 9.  Will it be an issue getting a cab to take the 4 of us about a mile to the Crowne Plaza?  Should we just walk it? Whatever advice you can give would be most helpful!

42 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to ask your opinion. There will be four of us sailing the Solstice in February. Post cruise I reserved a rental car at the Enterprise at the Crowne Plaza. We plan to get there a little before it opens at 9.  Will it be an issue getting a cab to take the 4 of us about a mile to the Crowne Plaza?  Should we just walk it? Whatever advice you can give would be most helpful!

We disembarked from a Princess ship last month in San Pedro.  I did not specifically see a taxi rank, but since I was using Uber I was not really looking.

I can speak to the availability of Uber and tell that was easily available.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Have one person walk it with no luggage and circle back to pick up everyone.

I think a cabbie would be very unhappy for a 1 mile fare when he gets to the head of the taxi line.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

I think a cabbie would be very unhappy for a 1 mile fare when he gets to the head of the taxi line.

Completely agree...I was about to post the same but Scott beat me to it...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Yes, I was thinking about that.