Saint Greg's Mardi Gras - LIVE - August 28th-September 4th 2021

Saint Greg

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Let’s talk tips. I’ve been thinking about getting off of the cash bar and restaurant tips for awhile. First I’m not a big fan of handling cash and having people making my drinks handling cash. But also I had a bartender once tell me he prefers the write in because it goes directly into his account and he can look at it online after his shift. Then I had the situation on glory two years ago where it was an alchemists first day. I had been on Vista with him 6 months earlier and I heard him telling the other alchemist I give cash tips. I heard her say “we’ll figure it out.” So it seemed like it can cause problems. With COVID I decided to definitely make the move from cash tips and I’m glad I did. I have not seen anyone tipping cash this cruise. 

Now the problem I have with Maria. She isn’t giving me the receipt. On the first one I told her I need to write in a tip. She said she was writing in a dollar on my checks. She only did it on like 1/3 of my drinks that day. She did it on none yesterday. I don’t know why she wouldn’t want my tips. I have done something outside of that for her that she wanted but that would only cover maybe two drinks tips a day. At some point I’m either going to have to get ahold of a receipt and put a big tip on it or get her to take a big cash tip. I may just tell her it’s going on her check. Or I’ll go downstairs and put it on her boyfriend’s check. I don’t know why she doesn’t want my tips. I was going to tip her more not less.

But they are adding 18% automatically…..I thought?

• Like 1

It’s really hard to get this without people in front of it. After a couple did him, then her, then him and her, then him and her kissing…I had my camera ready for when they left and before they clear out a guy is already in front of my camera. I said “sir could you please just give me half a second.” So he did.

FB86FF35-D6ED-40DE-BC40-5625C8B87BE7.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

Oh getting an elevator up is next to impossible. You have to be standing in front of the elevator that dings when it dings. All of them weren’t running. After three groups went up I just walked up a few flights of stairs then headed to the forward elevators and came up to my room. 

• Like 2