Maximizing Coupons, Discounts, Shipboard Credits

chaswelf

I've been reading all the posts about coupons, discounts and shipboard credits and I was wondering how does one maximize these. This is what I can think of

$100 or $200 off a baloncy depending on your C&A status

$100 shipboard credit for being a shareholder.

So what is the perfect combination of credits and coupons that will max the dollars you recieve?

Well, let's see. For my Jewel of the Seas cruise next year, I will definitely be getting an onboard booking credit, a Platinum balcony discount (might even be Diamond by that time), a group cruise benefit of some sort, and am looking for a C&A coupon.

I may have to become a shareholder to get the discount for that, too. You can also get some benefits if you have the RCCL credit card, which I am also thinking about switching to.

The best way to maximize is to travel in the fall and spring, we mostly do repo's when the ship is moving from like New York to the Caribbean or Alaska to Mexico. The best coupons are for the least popular cruises. They always seem to give coupons for the Crown & Anchor cruises as well. Cruising for 9 days is a good amount as well because you get 200 off balcony cabins for Platinum and 300 for Diamond, if you book on board you get 200 on board credit if you are a stock holder you get 200 on board credit and like for the Explorer repo in Nov this year there is a coupon for 150 dollars off. Also you want to book early, we booked in June and paid 1109 for a D1 aft balcony and they are now 1349. The early bird gets the good prices.

Happy sailing

Brian J:D

For our Alaska Radiance cruise... (7 night)

$125 C & A coupon

$100 Platinum balcony

$100 Shareholder

For our 11 night Panama Canal

$200 on board

$200 Platinum.... (may be Diamond by then, would be $300)

$200 Shareholder

Still hoping for a coupon (but not holding my breath)

We also have a RCCL Visa... we may or may not use points for additional savings.

Every time I tell DH how much money we are "saving" on our cruises, he tells me "we could go broke saving so much money!" :p

Archived