Fcc for positive test

Bin man

If you test positive at the terminal .P and O will give you FCC credit valid for 2 years not atol or abta covered no refund . Because of this you cannot claim a refund from your insurance. What if you are unable to use in the 2 years for what ever reason then you have lost your money . ie they go bust you take ill or you just cannot fit in another cruise .Why have P and O done this ? Makes no sense .

Does that mean you have to book the cruise within those 2 years or have actually gone on the cruise in that time period?

We are on in the October half term cruise on Iona 😬 We’re both working and the kids are at school and from what I understand if we are contacted by test and trace we will not be allowed on which I completely understand but I’m not gonna allow myself to get excited until I step onboard.

1 minute ago, crazy cat lady 83 said:

Does that mean you have to book the cruise within those 2 years or have actually gone on the cruise in that time period?

We are on in the October half term cruise on Iona 😬 We’re both working and the kids are at school and from what I understand if we are contacted by test and trace we will not be allowed on which I completely understand but I’m not gonna allow myself to get excited until I step onboard.

My understanding is that if you are contacted by T&T, then you would claim off your insurance company.  FCC only applies if you test positive at the port.

1 hour ago, Bin man said:

If you test positive at the terminal .P and O will give you FCC credit valid for 2 years not atol or abta covered no refund . Because of this you cannot claim a refund from your insurance.

If your insurance company will not provide a refund because you cannot travel because you tested positive with a PCR test and thus must self-isolate, well I suggest you pick a better insurance company next time as mine has no such restriction on that sort of claim.

I agree but have you asked your insurance the question as I described. I thought I was covered but it wasn't until I asked them the question that p and o are giving the fcc that this came up .Hopefully we will be negative 

3 hours ago, Bin man said:

I agree but have you asked your insurance the question as I described. I thought I was covered but it wasn't until I asked them the question that p and o are giving the fcc that this came up .Hopefully we will be negative 

The FCC is a red herring.

You are not allowed to travel as testing positive from a PCR which P&O have tested you with means you have to isolate and your trip is cancelled. Hence the insurance kicks in because P&O won’t refund. The fact P&O is offering FCC is as irrelevant as if they were offering you magic beans.

You paid for a cruise, you are not permitted to travel on the cruise, you can’t get a refund for the cruise, so you have an insurable claim. Obviously you cannot both claim and have the FCC but you let the insurance company deal with that.