Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

Hi Cruisers!
We currently have an aft suite on a quiet floor for an upcoming Alaska cruise on the Jewel. I’ve put in for an upgrade to a 2 bedroom. I’m worried that we might end up by an elevator or around noisy families (no offense, kids!).  If you get the upgrade, you’re stuck with the room location, & it could be bad, right? Anyone regret getting the upgrade?

54 minutes ago, HappilyTravelin said:

Hi Cruisers!
We currently have an aft suite on a quiet floor for an upcoming Alaska cruise on the Jewel. I’ve put in for an upgrade to a 2 bedroom. I’m worried that we might end up by an elevator or around noisy families (no offense, kids!).  If you get the upgrade, you’re stuck with the room location, & it could be bad, right? Anyone regret getting the upgrade?

We just got off the Jewel and stayed in a two bedroom penthouse.  Whatever you do, avoid room 11030.  It was an awful cabin.  We were switched to room 11024 for the second week and it was way better.  

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HappilyTravelin said:

Hi Cruisers!

You could retract your bid? I think you can do that before it's accepted 

6 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

We just got off the Jewel and stayed in a two bedroom penthouse.  Whatever you do, avoid room 11030.  It was an awful cabin.  We were switched to room 11024 for the second week and it was way better.  

What was wrong with it ?

Im not sure about the Jewel layout, but when we were on the Epic there weren't any cabins near the elevators.  To access the cabins from the elevator bank you need the key card.  We had a 2 bedroom on the Epic and in a word it was AWESOME!  Because of the Haven experience we are fully planning on bidding on our next cruise, which currently is pretty empty!

1 hour ago, Kanga777 said:

Im not sure about the Jewel layout, but when we were on the Epic there weren't any cabins near the elevators.  To access the cabins from the elevator bank you need the key card.  We had a 2 bedroom on the Epic and in a word it was AWESOME!  Because of the Haven experience we are fully planning on bidding on our next cruise, which currently is pretty empty!

Thanks! These 2 bedrooms aren’t in the Haven, unfortunately. The Haven on this ship doesn’t have a lot of amenities. But glad to hear your experience on the Epic was great! 

How do you find out how full it is?

1. I use a third party website to do a fake booking and it will show all of the cabins, actually it limits it to 15 cabins per class.  If you were a scanner of the sea you could do the same thing.  (I would put together the 8th and 5th word of that last sentence!)
  • Like 4

1. I use a third party website to do a fake booking and it will show all of the cabins, actually it limits it to 15 cabins per class.  If you were a scanner of the sea you could do the same thing.  (I would put together the 8th and 5th word of that last sentence!)

Thanks 😄 

On 5/12/2022 at 1:51 PM, drevil0208 said:

I only booked about a week ago for the June 5th sailing of Epic.  Have I likely booked too late to be offered to bid on an upgrade?

It's not too late even if you haven't received the upgrade email yet! I just rebooked within the last week another cruise after my POA cruise was canceled. Email "upgradeadvantage@ncl.com" that you want to be opted in to bid for your cruise. Once I sent that email, I received a notification within a few hours asking if I wanted to bid for upgrades..

On 5/24/2022 at 6:00 AM, argyll1881 said:

What was wrong with it ?

I'm not sure of the posters issue but 11030 and 11530 are both under the pool deck so maybe it has something to do with that? 

I was in 11530 on the Pearl and for the first half of the cruise the ping pong table was above our cabin, they moved it to the opposite side for the second half of the trip and replaced with deck chairs.  We would hear movement when people were playing but it was always during the day and for the most part we were on excursions.  After they moved it we rarely heard the deck chairs being moved.  For me it wasn't enough of a bother to avoid the cabin and I would book that cabin in a heart beat.  

• Like 1

Well, my bid now says “pending” and I can I longer modify it. On the page to enter new bids, it now says “not eligible for upgrade”.  My sister is still able to modify her bid. 
—Does this mean I did not get it? 
 My stateroom number is the same on the app and I did not receive an email. 

I apologize if this has been asked before. I scanned the thread and didn’t see anything, but I did not read all 60 pages. 

On 5/20/2022 at 10:20 PM, CloverCricket said:

I was awarded a Penthouse with Large Balcony from a regular balcony stateroom. Received the email while on our flight to Honolulu for the Cruisetour portion of our Hawaiian cruise. My bid was classified as “poor” so pretty surprised I got it.

I bid for this cabin as well. I am hoping my "poor bid" actually gets a win. 

1 hour ago, HappilyTravelin said:

Well, my bid now says “pending” and I can I longer modify it. On the page to enter new bids, it now says “not eligible for upgrade”.  My sister is still able to modify her bid. 
—Does this mean I did not get it? 
 My stateroom number is the same on the app and I did not receive an email. 

I apologize if this has been asked before. I scanned the thread and didn’t see anything, but I did not read all 60 pages. 

If you don't mind me asking, when/where is your cruise?