Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

1 hour ago, Vemnox said:

Norwegian Breakaway

We bid $300 total for a Club Balcony Suite and $150 total for a Balcony stateroom.  The room we ended up with was Cabin 9712, designated as a "Large Balcony Cabin" Category B6 by the deck plan.  This differentiates from Club Balcony Suite rooms Category MB or MX.  I was charged $300 on my credit card.  From my amateur Googling, all indications are we were not given a Club Balcony Suite and, instead, simply a Balcony stateroom -  but we were charged for a Club Balcony Suite.

This is further evidenced that the "congrats" email says we got a Balcony Stateroom.   We also had no double sinks, a feature of Club Balcony Suite.  And the color scheme was green and not purple, the former of which is for Balcony and latter of which is for Club Suite.

Am I misinterpreting this?  Screenshots attached for reference.

thumbnail (1).png

Capture.PNG

You are correct.

Double sink is the feature as part of the larger bath.

Call them or you may have just paid $300 for a bigger balcony.

2 hours ago, Vemnox said:

Norwegian Breakaway

We bid $300 total for a Club Balcony Suite and $150 total for a Balcony stateroom.  The room we ended up with was Cabin 9712, designated as a "Large Balcony Cabin" Category B6 by the deck plan.  This differentiates from Club Balcony Suite rooms Category MB or MX.  I was charged $300 on my credit card.  From my amateur Googling, all indications are we were not given a Club Balcony Suite and, instead, simply a Balcony stateroom -  but we were charged for a Club Balcony Suite.

This is further evidenced that the "congrats" email says we got a Balcony Stateroom.   We also had no double sinks, a feature of Club Balcony Suite.  And the color scheme was green and not purple, the former of which is for Balcony and latter of which is for Club Suite.

thumbnail (1).png

Capture.PNG

I am reading it the same as you. Balcony cabin, however, they seem to have charged 4 guests, not the standard two.

2 hours ago, Vemnox said:

Norwegian Breakaway

thumbnail (1).png

Capture.PNG

You are correct. I would call.   Don't let them refund you. If a bid is binding on your part, it should be on thiers. Free upgrade!!

We have just received an email from Norwegian telling us to participate in a " real time bidding"because we have just been outbid on the forward haven access suite. LOL we will keep our bid where it is...our cruise is in 14 days on the Escape

Edited by spanishguy1970
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

We have just received an email from Norwegian telling us to participate in a " real time bidding"because we have just been outbid on the forward haven access suite. LOL we will keep our bid where it is...our cruise is in 14 days on the Escape

What room category do you have booked? Im cruising in 11 days and bid on every haven room, haven’t gotten anything about live bidding.

We're on the Getaway leaving on Saturday 10/22 and don't have any bids pending, but our group in the other place has seen some bids getting accepted.

One was OV to club balcony for $150pp. A couple of people went from inside to either balcony or club balcony but didn't say for how much. I can't find it, but I did see that someone successfully bid $160pp when the minimum bid was $150pp to upgrade to club balcony (I'm not sure from what, though).

They all got their upgrades yesterday (Monday), so five days in advance. I haven't seen anyone say they received notice of successful bids today so far.

On this particular cruise, the Haven has been full for about two months, so I doubt I'm going to hear anything better than club balcony upgrades.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jpepin92 said:

Good luck with the live bidding. Sounds stressful, I’m hoping I don’t get offered to participate. Just accept my offer already!

how is your cruise doing? you can pretty much tell how you will do. In my case Haven is almost sold out, only two categories available as of now. Good luck to you too, they may have not sent it to you because your bids may be good, just guessing.

5 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

how is your cruise doing? you can pretty much tell how you will do. In my case Haven is almost sold out, only two categories available as of now. Good luck to you too, they may have not sent it to you because your bids may be good, just guessing.

30 haven rooms still available with the cruise being 11 days away. I see today they dropped the prices on all haven rooms, hopefully they don’t fill up. Good luck and keep us posted!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, room with a view said:

When a cruise is showing no availability on a Club Balcony  how can NCL send an email offering to bid on a club balcony ?

Do they keep club balconies back for this bidding for upgrade ?

thanks

You have the ability to bid on rooms that are not available in case of cancellations or if someone who is currently in a club balcony gets upgraded and their room becomes available. 

5 hours ago, Jpepin92 said:

You have the ability to bid on rooms that are not available in case of cancellations or if someone who is currently in a club balcony gets upgraded and their room becomes available. 

This, and people cancel. I upgraded myself to the Haven on our 10/22 cruise, so the only cabins I can bid on are penthouses. I am not bidding, but the bids are still open even though the Haven has been sold out for two months. You never know what can happen.

55 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

This, and people cancel. I upgraded myself to the Haven on our 10/22 cruise, so the only cabins I can bid on are penthouses. I am not bidding, but the bids are still open even though the Haven has been sold out for two months. You never know what can happen.

Yeah I said that.

Shocked, just got an upgrade email for our very full looking sailing in February on the Prima… went ahead and put a bid on a couple aft balconies, but am fine with what we have… direct upgrade is still a lot more than my bid. So we shall see.

On 10/17/2022 at 6:40 AM, Vemnox said:

Norwegian Breakaway

thumbnail (1).png

Capture.PNG

So what happened??

Update on my 10/22 cruise on the Getaway, one other person commented on the other site that their bid was accepted on Tuesday (so four days out) from inside to balcony for $100pp.

It seems our sailing had a fair amount of club balcony cabins and a lot of balcony cabins available because people seem to be getting upgraded to those with minimum or close to minimum bids. I know those nice aft balcony cabins and the Haven sold out some time ago. I guess there will be a lot of vacant inside and OV cabins. (When I do a mock booking, spa, club balcony, and the Haven all show as sold out as of this moment. I was hoping to see some last minute deals on inside cabins for the people who can hop on a cruise on a whim.)

1 hour ago, Ottawa_Cruiser said:

We are on the Joy 10/29 and I continue to get Upgrade Advantage e-mails. The Club Balcony has been dropped to a $90pp CAD min bid.

I’m on the same sailing. I’m in a club balcony and bid on all haven rooms. Did you bid on haven rooms also?