Badminton

1 hour ago, Chauncey Picklepants said:

We’re talking tough-hitting seasoned Badminton professionals here.  They fear not. 

Professionals?  So they get paid to play?  LOL.  I'm pretty sure that poster meant that since shuttlecocks are much lighter than basketballs and those have been known to be blown over the side, a shuttlecock doesn't stand a chance against the wind, regardless of the players skill.  I've played putt putt on the deck of a ship and the ball gets blown around. 

That said, not sure that a group of people looking to play a pickup game of basketball on the court will be thrilled to find two people playing badmiton.

Edited by BND

24 minutes ago, BND said:

Professionals?  So they get paid to play?  LOL.  I'm pretty sure that poster meant that since shuttlecocks are much lighter than basketballs and those have been known to be blown over the side, a shuttlecock doesn't stand a chance against the wind, regardless of the players skill.  I've played putt putt on the deck of a ship and the ball gets blown around. 

That said, not sure that a group of people looking to play a pickup game of basketball on the court will be thrilled to find two people playing badmiton.

We understand how wind works. As far as pick up basketball games at night, well we’re all paying guests, just might make a few new friends.  Let’s stay positive, not trying to fight anyone onboard over a flashing shuttlecock. I don’t anticipate gangs of boisterous basketball players roaming the sports deck at night, but if it happens -It’s all good. 

Edited by Chauncey Picklepants
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, poocher said:

My one claim of badminton skill was being able to put my serve JUST inside the line.  Most times the opposing player didn’t even swing 

Sounds like you may need to pick up that racket again. 

My one claim of Badminton skill was pulling my back out during a contentious match against a then-10-year-old-girl and ending up incapacitated for a week. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chauncey Picklepants said:

We understand how wind works. As far as pick up basketball games at night, well we’re all paying guests, just might make a few new friends.  Let’s stay positive, not trying to fight anyone onboard over a flashing shuttlecock. I don’t anticipate gangs of boisterous basketball players roaming the sports deck at night, but if it happens -It’s all good. 

Um, okay.  I just pointed out what that poster meant LOL.  As I said earlier, I don't know that the court is open 24/7.  Pretty sure they have hours and when it is set up for volleyball, it's a scheduled time.  

BTW, my sister and I played a lot of badmiton in our backyard when we were younger, then we moved onto playing tennis in the street in front of our house.  We were pretty good at both, but we were very athletic.  Your question needs to be asked onboard the ship because you need to find out if there's open play time for other things besides basketball. 

Edited by BND

10 minutes ago, BND said:

Um, okay.  I just pointed out what that poster meant LOL.  As I said earlier, I don't know that the court is open 24/7.  Pretty sure they have hours and when it is set up for volleyball, it's a scheduled time.  

BTW, my sister and I played a lot of badmiton in our backyard when we were younger, then we moved onto playing tennis in the street in front of our house.  We were pretty good at both, but we were very athletic.  Your question needs to be asked onboard the ship because you need to find out if there's open play time for other things besides basketball. 

Not being passive aggressive and most definitely not looking to have the thread go sideways.  I apologize if you took my reply as anything but what it is.  Would like to keep a lighthearted thread going about something fun. Sounds like you know a thing or two about Badminton. 👍