Liberty and Independence - UDP - Johnnie Rockets Included for lunch option?

cynt

Hi does anyone know if Johnnie Rockets for lunch is included in the UDP on Liberty and Independence? We are considering getting the UDP if we can have lunch at JR every day and dinner at one of the restaurants Chops, Giovanni's or Sabor. 

I'm wondering if Fish & Ships on Independence is also included as a lunch option. 

On 9/9/2021 at 11:11 AM, cynt said:

Hi does anyone know if Johnnie Rockets for lunch is included in the UDP on Liberty and Independence? We are considering getting the UDP if we can have lunch at JR every day and dinner at one of the restaurants Chops, Giovanni's or Sabor. 

I'm wondering if Fish & Ships on Independence is also included as a lunch option. 

I wondered the same thing and read the fine print carefully....other than the chefs table and a couple of other special dining experiences, a la carte locations such as JR and playmakers, fish and ships would be included with "meal credit limits" , I want to say $35 per person?  its in the terms and conditions page. We got a great offer of $192 pp for our 8 night independence cruise next week I booked it for the same reason you mention.  speciality dining for lunch and dinner for 8 nights for $384 is a great deal IMHO.

• Thanks 1

I'm kicking myself because it was $216 for my 9 night Independence cruise. Now it is $243. $24 a day to $27. I believe it is still a good deal. I'm going to hold out to see if it changes. I will probably book it last minute.

Come back and let me know if it is truly "unlimited" dining. I was reading another review and this guy was eating 2 or 3 meals a day. I will find the review and link it.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that Fish and Ships was not covered by the UDP as it was considered a "bar" not a dining venue.  I spent a long time discussing this on board, based only on the principal of unlimited dining and the incorrect terms and conditions which didn't exclude that venue.  We ate at fish and ships one day for lunch and despite it being excluded from the UDP it was cheap and really good.  The fried candy bar was exceptional and the fish and chips both hot and freshly cooked to order.  Otherwise, we enjoyed every venue several times and thoroughly got our monies worth on the Independence with the UDP for the price paid.  I'm not an attorney but RCCL needs to update its terms and conditions to be more exact on the inclusions/exclusions.  e.g. playmakers is a bar, not a restaurant, but it was included up to the al la carte allowance.  Definitely nothing they can do on board (and they would not credit me the $$) so Miami needs to fix this.

• Like 1