Our AmaWaterways River Cruise to France Just Cancelled

LTC

Our TA called with the sad news that our September 30th AMA Essence of Burgundy & Provence has been cancelled. She didn't know if it was all the dates for that cruise or just some/this one. We could take the FFC or we could go on the Colors of Provence cruise with an upgrade in our cabin. That was our last river cruise before Covid, so probably take the future cruise credit and try to do the Burgundy & Provence cruise next year. I know travel right now is hit and miss but so disappointing to have the cruise cancelled this close to the sailing date.

1 hour ago, lindalouT said:

do you know why?

I have no idea. I wish the TA had asked more questions, hopefully we'll get an email from AMA explaining why they cancelled. I know in July we had asked the TA to see if she could get an idea of how many cabins were booked and at that time ,I believe there were only 12. Maybe they only cruise if there's a certain number of passengers ? I'll post if I find out the reason.

• Like 1

I sent email to my TA to see if she can get any info.  It would be nice to know if our sailing is on because of flight cancellations Ive yet to book a return flight home.  We're still going to France regardless but need to make alternative plans, etc...  my guess is not enough cabins are filled and you have the other ship on exact same dates on the same river so they probably going to combine them.

1 hour ago, anthonyy7 said:

Oh no we're on the Oct 7 sailing.  I noticed the Sept 02, 09 sailings were canceled with the first one starting Sept 16 but I guess all of Sept isn't happening.  

On the AMA website, the cruises from Sepember 16th on are still confirmed to go, so I don't know if it's just our cruise or not. We hadn't been able to pick our shore excursions or fill out paperwork that they needed so we were getting suspicious something not good was happening. Hope your cruise isn't cancelled as well. 

3 minutes ago, anthonyy7 said:

I sent email to my TA to see if she can get any info.  It would be nice to know if our sailing is on because of flight cancellations Ive yet to book a return flight home.  We're still going to France regardless but need to make alternative plans, etc...  my guess is not enough cabins are filled and you have the other ship on exact same dates on the same river so they probably going to combine them.

That makes sense but you would have thought they would have offered another date to go on this cruise. I can see  cancelling if there's only a handful of passengers for a certain cruise but I would think there would be room on the same cruise on another date. That wasn't an option given to our TA.  Hopefully we get an email from AMA explaining the cancellation and I will post the reason. Enjoy France!

1 minute ago, anthonyy7 said:

Our shore excursions have been available since mid July except there is still no Avignon tours listed.  I recently updated our vaccination cards etc...   fingers crossed

We couldn't do that, so it must only be for this cruise. What a bummer! Fingers crossed for you!

20 hours ago, LTC said:

Our TA called with the sad news that our September 30th AMA Essence of Burgundy & Provence has been cancelled. She didn't know if it was all the dates for that cruise or just some/this one. We could take the FFC or we could go on the Colors of Provence cruise with an upgrade in our cabin. That was our last river cruise before Covid, so probably take the future cruise credit and try to do the Burgundy & Provence cruise next year. I know travel right now is hit and miss but so disappointing to have the cruise cancelled this close to the sailing date.

Is this on the AmaCello? Odd in that the cruise still shows as confirmed on the latest AMA list:

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/loveama.amawaterways.com/pdf/2021_confirmed_sail_and_suspended.pdf

1 hour ago, 2inSETexas said:

Is this on the AmaCello? Odd in that the cruise still shows as confirmed on the latest AMA list:

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/loveama.amawaterways.com/pdf/2021_confirmed_sail_and_suspended.pdf

It is the AMACello and i know their website still shows it as a go. Still haven't heard anything from AMA just our TA, they called her to tell her the cruise was cancelled. Will be talking to her later on and will ask her to find out if it's only that cruise date on that itinerary or others that are also cancelled.  Don't know why AMA hasn't updated  their website.  

30 minutes ago, LTC said:

It is the AMACello and i know their website still shows it as a go. Still haven't heard anything from AMA just our TA, they called her to tell her the cruise was cancelled. Will be talking to her later on and will ask her to find out if it's only that cruise date on that itinerary or others that are also cancelled.  Don't know why AMA hasn't updated  their website.  

They haven’t updated the reservation section, either as this still show up on cruises that can be requested.

🤷‍♂️

I was talking to my TA and told her that AMA still showed this cruise as a confirmed cruise and according to their website could be booked. She wasn't happy to hear that and is calling AMA. I asked her to find out if it's just this cruise that's being cancelled or if others are or will be cancelled. She's going to call after talking to AMA and will get back to me. I'll update what info she has.

• Like 2

Just got off the phone with my TA. The September 23rd and 30th cruises are both cancelled due to low passenger numbers. She said AMA said if we were still interested in taking this cruise, the next cruise with availability is October 14th. Don't know Anthonyy7 if that means your cruise is a go and is full or if that's going to be cancelled also. AMA said that just because a cruise is confirmed to go, if the passenger numbers are low, they will cancel. AMA also apologized for not taking those cruises off their website, that will happen as soon as they can get it done. I guess because the Netherlands has changed the restrictions about US citizens coming in that is taking up a lot of time and for now the website update will be delayed. Hope you got lucky on the date you're cruising anthonyy7 and your cruise is on. 

• Like 1

OH BOY I am on 10/28 Wait and see. Hope I get some notice if no go I can make a run at something else. Problem is the airfare.   Booking on relatively short notice, price are thru the roof. Keep posting new info as you learn it, I appreciate it.

TA just received letter today that our sailing was canceled.  We were offered to go on amaKristina or any cruise we want so looking into that now.  Coincidentally our flight got canceled as well so double whammy this morning.  I'm determined to go to Europe!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, anthonyy7 said:

TA just received letter today that our sailing was canceled.  We were offered to go on amaKristina or any cruise we want so looking into that now.  Coincidentally our flight got canceled as well so double whammy this morning.  I'm determined to go to Europe!

So sorry to hear that! They haven't changed their website yet about these cancellations. Hope you find a cruise and get to go to Europe!

That's a bummer. Hope you can jump something else. I am on the 10/28 one and all I have gotten is a "it's almost time" email, perhaps there is room for you folks on that one??. Maybe you can help me with a question Anthony.  If I am just connecting in Paris before Geneva do I need to fill out entry docs for France??

I received a similar email yesterday regarding our cruise.  I told my TA we can switch over to the amaKristina for the colors of Provence so waiting to hear back.

Since your entering the EU first in Paris you'll go through immigration before taking your flight to Switzerland.

15 hours ago, anthonyy7 said:

I received a similar email yesterday regarding our cruise.  I told my TA we can switch over to the amaKristina for the colors of Provence so waiting to hear back.

Since your entering the EU first in Paris you'll go through immigration before taking your flight to Switzerland.

We enjoyed a week on the AmaKristina boarding on August 26th. You'll enjoy the trip if you go.

Paul

8 hours ago, anthonyy7 said:

We're officially booked on the AmaKristina for Oct 07!  The ship seems newer and I do like some of the excursions better.  We did receive an upgrade in the rear so hopefully that's good.  This is our first river cruise.

Wonderful news Anthony. I suggest you give up all other expensive habits going forward as this is going to be the start on a long love affair!!  Bon Voyage!!