Viking Fall 2023 Med Itineraries are Now Available for Booking

-Lew-

Got all excited when I saw this then reality set in. We’ve been waiting for these itineraries to come out so we could use our vouchers. In May we had a September 2021 cruise canceled by Viking. We rebooked with the 125% voucher they issued, but then couldn’t take the cruise so canceled in August. We received emails from Viking showing that the reissued vouchers were good for two years. Additionally, when we booked in May we were given a letter showing that if we had to cancel we would have two years to rebook. But, now Viking is saying the vouchers can only be used for 2021 and 2022 cruises. How can the vouchers show an expiration date of August 2023, but we must use them for a cruise in 2022? Our travel agent discussed this with several agents and got the same answer each time. Does anyone know if Viking will give us a refund for the actual fare we paid in lieu of the vouchers. We already had other cruises scheduled in 2022 and can’t do another. 

11 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Which one(s) did you book?  Were prices up?

I booked the 22-day Mediterranean & Adriatic Sojourn embarking Athens September 8, 2023 in a PV1.  I also had this itinerary booked in a PV1 this September which I cancelled.  The cruise fare increase over two years is 5.6%.

I'm still trying to work through the 125% voucher received upon cancellation of the Mediterranean & Atlantic Crossing in 2020 you and I had booked.  So the slight increase doesn't concern me.

I also booked the following 8-day Iconic Western Mediterranean from Barcelona to Rome.  This was booked to give us some flexibility in booking a TA from either Barcelona or Rome.  We'll cancel if we can hook up with a TA out of Barcelona.