My Time Dining not available for non suite guests

Phils01

Hi, we booked on the Brilliance of the seas for the end of May 2022, we booked a balcony cabin and booked direct with RCI, when booking we were told that the only dining option available was early seating at 1730hrs, something we really don’t want so I was told to pay the gratuities up front and they put me on the waitlist for my time dining.

It’s irked me why that was the case so I tried an online booking and right enough the only dining option was 1730hrs when booking a balcony cabin then I thought well I’ll try a booking with a suite and surprisingly when booking online then My Time Dining IS available.

has anyone come across this situation before and does anyone know if My Time Dining will open for us lower minions closer to the sail date ?

tia

Don't know about this specifically but I have heard of UK bookings on some ships having to prepay gratuities to get My Time. A few years ago I think it was for all UK bookings but now it seems just certain sailings.

When I was on Freedom two-ish weeks ago my only option at booking was traditional - I had selected the 5:30PM option, but once onboard and after the muster activities had quelled, I was able to go to the MDR and change over to My Time - not sure if it will be that way on your sailing, but they gave me no trouble - could have also had something to do with the low passenger numbers on the ship at the time.

I’m on Ovation. My TA said only set time dining was available, but when I got on board I was automatically listed for anytime. That was important, because it allowed me a few days to find a physically distanced table and servers I liked , and reserved the table for the rest of the cruise.