Dawn TA and Lisbon to Barcelona waitlisted

sloopjohnb

Good morning MBP, may I ask why do you feel that way about April 27th?  I have a b2b booked April 1st to the 18th........SS already booked my flights too. 

The reasoning behind not going in April is a change in personal circumstances.

There are a few reasons for cancelling (as opposed to a transfer). All small but they make up a bigger picture. Included in these reasons was the total failure of corporate in dealing with pre-boarding issues for the Spirit in Southampton. The way they handled it gives me no optimism when it comes to boarding in Venice when nobody knows who/what/where or how, I can see that being a complete disaster. Even SS admit they really do not know what will happen in Venice … they ‘think’ it will be boarding at Fusina after a check in at the main terminals, but … 

Other reasons are purely personal and some revolve around the unwanted and paid for bits in the ‘all inclusive’ scenario. 

Why not transfer the booking? I can’t find anything else that I am really happy with … 
A very polite feedback email regarding Southampton had a reply that failed to address the issues raised and several issues were totally ignored in the answers. Some other points were dismissed as part of the ‘blame game’. Ie blaming ABP or Covid?

Don’t get me wrong, the on board side of things was great but corporate seem to be going down hill .. imho 😏

Perhaps I am getting grumpy in my old age 😁

1 hour ago, MBP&O2/O said:

The reasoning behind not going in April is a change in personal circumstances.

There are a few reasons for cancelling (as opposed to a transfer). All small but they make up a bigger picture. Included in these reasons was the total failure of corporate in dealing with pre-boarding issues for the Spirit in Southampton. The way they handled it gives me no optimism when it comes to boarding in Venice when nobody knows who/what/where or how, I can see that being a complete disaster. Even SS admit they really do not know what will happen in Venice … they ‘think’ it will be boarding at Fusina after a check in at the main terminals, but … 

Other reasons are purely personal and some revolve around the unwanted and paid for bits in the ‘all inclusive’ scenario. 

Why not transfer the booking? I can’t find anything else that I am really happy with … 
A very polite feedback email regarding Southampton had a reply that failed to address the issues raised and several issues were totally ignored in the answers. Some other points were dismissed as part of the ‘blame game’. Ie blaming ABP or Covid?

Don’t get me wrong, the on board side of things was great but corporate seem to be going down hill .. imho 😏

Perhaps I am getting grumpy in my old age 😁

Hi, thanks for the explanation.  I wasn't sure if you thought the cruises would not be sailing or if it was a decision on your part........now I understand.  Hope you find something that will make you happy🙂

On 11/1/2021 at 3:43 PM, Lois R said:

Hi, if I am not mistaken, final payment is due 120 days before sailing.  I am sure someone will correct me if that is the wrong number.

Is this correct, 120 days before is final payment deadline?

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, wdjpvaz said:

We are on Dawn for April 1 sailing out of Lisbon!  Seems like its a go!

Any advice on which restaurants to book?  First time on SS

Hi, there is a roll call started for this 4/1 sailing.......come say hello😃...

For anyone interested, the TA from Ft. Lauderdale to Lisbon in late March appears to be a "go" as well.  At least they're once again accepting bookings and many of the cabin categories are sold out.  

Realize two things.  First, this means the ship will transit empty from Europe to the US, but assume they can use the time productively.  Second, everything could change in an instant.😃