Barcelona Hotel change for Splendor Nov 23 TA

Don't know who this might affect.  We booked independently in the same hotel as Regent provided for our Concierge level pre-night, as we did air deviation and are heading to Barcelona early.  Were in the Fairmont Barcelona.  I went on website to see what time for check-in---lo and behold, the hotel is currently closed.  Touched base with our travel agent, who said that Regent had changed hotels in Barcelona to the Majestic Hotel and Spa.  So, we are in the process of changing our hotel.  Not sure when we would have found this out if I hadn't just checked on it (although there is still plenty of time before cruise...and fingers crossed that it still goes!).  Just wanted to provide a heads up for anyone who might also be in this situation.

• Like 1

FWIIW:  We will be at Majestic for Explorer's October 31st TA segment to Miami.  Our TA advises the switch in hotels is a positive.  That is the TA's preferred hotel when placing clients for stays at Barcelona over the years. 

Our preferred spot has been Hotel Arts at the waterfront.  This time, content to just get to Majestic.   

GOARMY!

Edited by GOARMY

Oh, the Majestic is superb! In my opinion, this is a lovely change you will enjoy. Be sure to explore the rooftop. Great location, walking distance to Las Ramblas, interesting and beautiful neighborhood, very close to at least two Gaudi houses. Oh, and great shopping nearby.