Repetitive Entertainment

MBMiner

Having been on 6 Celebrity and 1 RCCL cruise since 1993, I don't get to see many repetitions in the performers. One we would like to see again was the Knudsen Brothers who we saw on RCCL. They were amazing performers who did musical notes w/their voices. We have seen Noodles Levenstein 2x, Ping Xu, the dulcimer player 2x and that's it.

I guess if we were on 3-4 cruises a year then we might have reason to complain about the sameness. We did see the Hawaiian show with the children on both cruises to Hawaii and if we go again, I would skip it. Not because it wasn't any good, just to do something else.

Frankly, the best show on the ship is formal night watching everyone parade thru the Rendevouz Lounge coming back from and going to dinner. It gives you plenty to talk about the rest of the cruise.

Hi,:) I went on a "backstage tour" on Zenith. 3 gals took us, first

we had a Q&A session which was quite informative and then we

saw how the set up was done.....very small and crowded to say

the least.

Anyway, the auditions for all the singers and dancers are held

in Nashville by a talent company. I think the name is "Mark Jones"

but am not positive. If a person wants to find a job on a Celebrity Ship

in the entertainment area they would go to Nashville.

Brenda, no local talent is "specifically searched out". (Not for the

singers and dancers anyway.).

Phil, there must be lots of us who are not so intelligent as well:rolleyes:

so don't feel alone.....

For the record the Company name is The Gary Musick Company and it is located in Nashville. The company produces all of the Cast shows on the M class ships as well as the Zenith. They also design and build the sets and score the music. The company does this for a variety of clients and the Celebrity shows are some of the highest rated shows on the seas. They recruit talent from all over the world and work hand in hand with Celebrity to bring their clients the broadest representation of musical talent possible. You can't please everyone but they try their best to please as many people as possible and judging by the ratings it must be working.

For the record the Company name is The Gary Musick Company and it is located in Nashville. The company produces all of the Cast shows on the M class ships as well as the Zenith.
I've been trying to recall the name of the company in Florida that handles all of this for the C-Class ships, and can't. Do you recall?

Thank you for the correction:) I knew the first name was

a guy's name....I just couldn't remember what it was.

Chris, they didn't mention the name of the company to us at

the Q&A session. Or if they did, I didn't catch it.

Hello,

My "dueling pianos" idea is not to say that Celebrity's entertainment is second rate or that the ships need cannons to protect against Sam Houston's relatives who will force the pianos to play the Eyes of Texas on every cruise and at least twice per night. My idea is based on the RCCl ships that have the pianos and they are a lot of fun.

Fred

:)

After three cruises on Infinity in 14 months I have to say it sure would be nice if they changed the shows more often. And money should not be the reason they don't. Has anyone looked at the cost of their cruise lately and the financials of the cruise companies. They have the money.

I will say that the new World show was very good.

And I don't think Sky Suite meant that we we not intelligent just that some of us are into theater and shows and that compared to what we might see in a theater at home, these are pretty low brow productions.

I for one, love the shows but if I see Joel Grey walk out of those digital curtains one more time, I may have find him and beat the snot out of his digital image.

Thank you, Dr Koob. That is exactly the message I was trying to convey :)

"I for one, love the shows but if I see Joel Grey walk out of those digital curtains one more time, I may have find him and beat the snot out of his digital image. "

If you knew what it cost to get Joel Grey to do that piece, you would understand why they don't change shows that often!

We've been on three x cruises and haven't seen a song & dance show yet. Don't like them and there are too many other fun things to do. Garry's idea is right up there, but my favorite is to dance with my wife to the party band, if the band is good and they're playing our type of music. We also enjoy listening to the guitar player (usually in aft bar) and sometimes the piano bar entertainer.

Occasionally we'll try a comedy or magic show, and we'll definitely do the new Cirque show, but that will probably be it.

Sometimes it's more fun to sit in the bar and talk with new friends, isn't it Phil.:D

Garry

Archived