Embarkation time

zounds

I know this has been discussed, and have seen various responses, but we sail in 4 days, and MSC's site has said our Mera. embark. time was 11:00 am, now it shows it being 1:30 pm.  Is this enforced ?  Would we have to wait outside if we arrive before 1:30 ?  Doesn't seem to me it should make much difference, since they have been sailing with such reduced capacity.  Thanks for any feedback.

Our boarding time has changed again.  Got a text Wed. afternoon saying it is now 2:30 pm !  Can any recent cruisers help me decide when to arrive ?  We want to board earlier.  Thank you.

I have a similar situation. Our original embarkation time was 2pm. It got moved to 12:30pm a few weeks ago, and today I just got a text saying it is now 10:30am (but it still shows 12:30pm on the website).

When do I show up!? Lol I have 3 kids which includes a 6month old, so I don't want to show up at 10:30 and have to wait around for 2 more hours.

I think I'm just going to show at 10:30 and hope for the best! Will show the text if they give any grief.

13 hours ago, PyrHeaven said:

I have a similar situation. Our original embarkation time was 2pm. It got moved to 12:30pm a few weeks ago, and today I just got a text saying it is now 10:30am (but it still shows 12:30pm on the website).

When do I show up!? Lol I have 3 kids which includes a 6month old, so I don't want to show up at 10:30 and have to wait around for 2 more hours.

I think I'm just going to show at 10:30 and hope for the best! Will show the text if they give any grief.

As I wrote in a different thread, we had a time showing which was after the ship left.  Then about a week out got emails and texts with new time and new online time was an hour later than texts.  Texts said that this time overruled any other times.  Since MSC IT can't get it together, I'd take proof of what ever works best.

Are you sailing Mera?  We checked in same time as couple with a baby and some confusion as if they could go in regular entrance or off to left for area for unvaxxed.  Apparently that had been happening but in this case they let the family go in regular entrance.  Just be prepared for another hoop.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dexddd said:

Are you sailing Mera?  We checked in same time as couple with a baby and some confusion as if they could go in regular entrance or off to left for area for unvaxxed.  Apparently that had been happening but in this case they let the family go in regular entrance.  Just be prepared for another hoop.

Divina. Thanks for the heads up!

• 3 months later...

Hello! 

I have å Similar question. 

We have booked å cruise om MSC Meraviglia from Palma de Mallorca 15 of july. 

We booked Auera experience whixh includes priority boarding. Yet in our MSCforME app it says our Embarkation time is 1900. 

Does this mean we cant board the ship before 1900?

The ship docks in at Palma at 0800 and leaves at 2200.

I think it is really late with check in at 1900, i understand that not everyone can check in at the same time. But still think that this is awful late. 

Is it normal with such å late Embarkation? 

ON MSC People can start their cruise at every port, so it is bot like the entire ships checks in and out at Palma. 

Our dinner time is at 1830, an with an Embarkation time at 1900 we lose an entire day at the ship and the dinner.