Question about South Beach and Beach Club - Coco Cay

shutterbug63

Currently, South Beach is closed to passengers -- it is being restricted to crew only, since they have limited port privileges.  

If you have the Beach Club, you really don't need a cabana too.  Plenty of loungers, etc., at the Beach Club.

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

Currently, South Beach is closed to passengers -- it is being restricted to crew only, since they have limited port privileges.  

If you have the Beach Club, you really don't need a cabana too.  Plenty of loungers, etc., at the Beach Club.

Thanks for the info.  Interesting that they're selling it for my sailing on January 2. Why would they be doing that if it's not open to passengers?

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

I asked Royal Caribbean about this and their response was that South Beach is now open to all passengers, which is why the cabanas are available to book.

We are considering a cabana because Odyssey of the Seas is at Coco Cay the same day and I don't want to fight for a lounger.  Still considering.

If you have the Beach Club, you won't have to fight for a lounger -- it's capacity controlled.  

And even if you didn't have the Beach Club, you still don't have to fight for a lounger at the new Coco Cay.  There are loungers and umbrellas EVERYWHERE. 

Kinda hoping they do loungers like that at Labadee, where it actually can be hard to find a lounger!

• 3 weeks later...

The beach Club is amazing, and as was mentioned you can find loungers everywhere, We there on the Symphony two weeks ago and the majority of the loungers were empty on Chill Beach.  If you click the link in my signature, you will find the videos from our trip on the Adventure of the seas, and I did a pretty complete tour of the Island, including the Beach Club and the floating Cabanas.

11 hours ago, misguy said:

The beach Club is amazing, and as was mentioned you can find loungers everywhere, We there on the Symphony two weeks ago and the majority of the loungers were empty on Chill Beach.  If you click the link in my signature, you will find the videos from our trip on the Adventure of the seas, and I did a pretty complete tour of the Island, including the Beach Club and the floating Cabanas.

I'll take a look at your videos, but did you notice South Beach open for guests as far as the cabanas when you were there?  RCCL told me they were, but I tend to take their answers with a grain of salt sometimes due to past experiences.

Edited by shutterbug63

13 hours ago, shutterbug63 said:

I'll take a look at your videos, but did you notice South Beach open for guests as far as the cabanas when you were there?  RCCL told me they were, but I tend to take their answers with a grain of salt sometimes due to past experiences.

It was reserved for crew only when we were there the first week in October.