Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth Services on cruise before coming home?

kwcruise

My Carnival rep sent me a link to BinaxNow and suggested I do the test on my cruise before heading back to Canada. 

1. Has anyone done this test (or something similar) on their cruise before flying back to Canada?

2. I am also really interested in hearing where Canadians have done their tests in Miami before flying home, especially if you have flown home on the same day your cruise arrived back in Miami.

Thank you!

41 minutes ago, kwcruise said:

My Carnival rep sent me a link to BinaxNow and suggested I do the test on my cruise before heading back to Canada. 

1. Has anyone done this test (or something similar) on their cruise before flying back to Canada?

2. I am also really interested in hearing where Canadians have done their tests in Miami before flying home, especially if you have flown home on the same day your cruise arrived back in Miami.

Thank you!

Since Binax Now is a rapid antigen test, I doubt it would be acceptable to get home.  Definitely would be ok to board the ship but from the gc website:

All travellers 5 years of age or older, regardless of citizenship or vaccination status, must provide proof of a COVID-19 negative molecular test result to enter Canada or proof of a previous positive test result taken between 14 and 180 days. Rapid antigen tests will not be accepted

Edited by hancogran
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, kwcruise said:

Thank you!

This is a good example of how we on CC know more then people working for the cruise lines

1 - You need a PCR test to get back to Canada, not an antigen test, which is what BinaxNow is

2 -  There are issues with Canadians using that test. See thread below:

• Like 2

As I said on the other thread, well intentioned but very poor advice from your Carnival rep. You have to have a PCR or NAAT test, for your return to Canada, available at MIA or various other locations throughout the city.

• Like 3

We are considering purchasing and shipping them to our hotel in Port Canaveral,(currently they do not ship to Canada) in anticipation of our arrival pre-cruise.  We are sailing on the Mardi Gras on the 11th of December but plan on arriving in FL on the 7th so our pre-flight test will not be valid.  That is unless we can find a location in the area to do our tests beforehand.  We had also contemplated heading back to MCO on the Thursday before to have the tests done there as well but when you factor travel, time and cost. It is cheaper to ship these... unless any of you have a suggestion on how fellow Canadians can get a test somewhere on the space coast.

1 hour ago, NB_Parrotheads said:

We are considering purchasing and shipping them to our hotel in Port Canaveral,(currently they do not ship to Canada) in anticipation of our arrival pre-cruise.  We are sailing on the Mardi Gras on the 11th of December but plan on arriving in FL on the 7th so our pre-flight test will not be valid.  That is unless we can find a location in the area to do our tests beforehand.  We had also contemplated heading back to MCO on the Thursday before to have the tests done there as well but when you factor travel, time and cost. It is cheaper to ship these... unless any of you have a suggestion on how fellow Canadians can get a test somewhere on the space coast.

There have been others who reported this wasn’t easy to do with a Canadian bank issued credit card.  Let us know how it goes if you do try to order.