Are cruises covered by Emirates multi risk travel insurance

markarmel

• 2 weeks later...

Being an "insurance geek" because of having spent a lifetime in the government medical insurance world I went to Emirates.com and started skimming through the actual policy details.  I did not see an exclusion for cruises (do not rely on me...since another careful reading would be in order to be sure I did not miss anything) but quickly noticed that their pre-existing condition clause has a 12 month look back period which would be problematic for many folks.  But I am impressed that Emirates offers this policy to just about anyone who buys a ticket that complies with their requirements.  Since Emirates does not charge an extra fee for this policy (or even requires special enrollment) we are really impressed.  If we were to book a flight where we had several airline choices this policy (and the fantastic reputation of Emirates) would certainly encourage us to book with Emirates....even at modest extra cost.

I will again emphasize that anyone with pre-existing medical conditions need to carefully review this policy since its 12 month look back can be a huge issue.

Hank