Edge

george35

I hope you enjoyed your cruise. Did you try to dine at one of the main restaurants for dinner?  If so, what were the procedures you followed, if any? There seems to be a heated debate on this topic whether you can just show up at the other dining rooms whichever night you don't want to dine in Blu.  Others  seem to think you need to clear it with the Maître D' at Blu first. 

George, i hope you had a great trip.  I'll be boarding this Saturday.  Someone asked me a thermal suite question i had trouble answering yesterday.    Due to covid do they have limited numbers of people that can use the rooms. and is there a time you have to sign up for?

i said pre vid,  if it was open, you could go in. not sure about now.

Hi George! Were there any children on the ship? We'd normally do Disney with the age group of our son but it sounds like almost none of the normal amenities are available, so we were thinking of a short cruise on the Edge in April. Thanks!

I'm looking to book Edge for next spring. I'm torn between Aqua class and a Sky Suite (I've done both before). Did you try all the restaurants?

Since I travel alone I LOATHE the MDR. Not having the same wait staff every night makes a big difference plus in Blu and Luminae you see the same people each meal. Plus the service is so much better, more personalized.

More ans. 

I agree with you, we ate in all 4 resturants & agree BLUE was the best & the others were just a small step below There were NO lines to any of the 5 resturants. We only saw 3 childern below the age 12. I know nothing about the thermal suites.

george35

18 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

What's the capacity been lately?

I am on Edge now only 900 ship feels empty but we love it. Had a sky suite 10162 and booked it again for another cruise. We ate in Raw on 5 and Eden loved them both. Also Luminae was good. No complaints on this cruise! Only a few kids on board. No lines because so few people here. 

Edited by lovrccl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lovrccl said:

I am on Edge now only 900 ship feels empty but we love it. Had a sky suite 10162 and booked it again for another cruise. We ate in Raw on 5 and Eden loved them both. Also Luminae was good. No complaints on this cruise! Only a few kids on board. No lines because so few people here. 

With the lower capacity, do you notice things closed, just due to not enough people so why open everything?  I board in 2 days.. save some cerveza for me!

On 10/20/2021 at 12:52 PM, Philomath said:

Hi George! Were there any children on the ship? We'd normally do Disney with the age group of our son but it sounds like almost none of the normal amenities are available, so we were thinking of a short cruise on the Edge in April. Thanks!

There were only 4 kids on board. I really don't know what they did all day or if the kids had activities or not. I personally don't think Celebrity ships are a good choice for kids. Royal is more kid and family friendly with lots to do.

The kids center on  EDGE  was shown  to us on our ship's tour. It  was awesome but on a lower level of the ship.   They also describe and very nice program on the website.

Of course in Covid times, not sure what is open, offered or properly staffed???

There were  somebfree movie choices for kiddos on the tv.. Again not sure if things have changed????  

A short  family cruise sounds like fun!

• Like 1