Hyatt Regency Hotel MCO

kelkel2

Can anyone provide a review on this hotel? It looks lovely. We will be flying into MCO and this hotel would be perfect. But how inside the airport is it, like can we walk from our gate to the hotel? Are there views of planes departing from the rooms? (My kids would love that) and lastly, how would we get to the port the next morning? If the hotel is in the airport, can we take the carnival shuttle from the airport to the ship? I imagine the hotel doesn’t offer a port shuttle. 

1 hour ago, kelkel2 said:

Can anyone provide a review on this hotel? It looks lovely. We will be flying into MCO and this hotel would be perfect. But how inside the airport is it, like can we walk from our gate to the hotel? Are there views of planes departing from the rooms? (My kids would love that) and lastly, how would we get to the port the next morning? If the hotel is in the airport, can we take the carnival shuttle from the airport to the ship? I imagine the hotel doesn’t offer a port shuttle. 

Yes, you walk from your gate to the hotel, all indoors. (You'll have to take the tram from the gate to the main terminal.) Some rooms have runway views; you'd have to ask for one of those. On the morning of your cruise you can head for cruise transportation.

It'd be cheaper to stay just north of the airport along Semoran Blvd. and return to the airport to take the cruise shuttle. Many (most?) of those hotels offer free shuttles to and from the airport.

55 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Yes, you walk from your gate to the hotel, all indoors. (You'll have to take the tram from the gate to the main terminal.) Some rooms have runway views; you'd have to ask for one of those. On the morning of your cruise you can head for cruise transportation.

It'd be cheaper to stay just north of the airport along Semoran Blvd. and return to the airport to take the cruise shuttle. Many (most?) of those hotels offer free shuttles to and from the airport.

Yes, cheaper for sure, but this hotel caught my eye more for the experience of the airport views for the kids on their first big vacation. They’ll love that! 
Is there a coffee shop or anything at this hotel to grab a quick breakfast vs. a sit down expensive breakfast? 

1 hour ago, kelkel2 said:

Yes, cheaper for sure, but this hotel caught my eye more for the experience of the airport views for the kids on their first big vacation. They’ll love that! 
Is there a coffee shop or anything at this hotel to grab a quick breakfast vs. a sit down expensive breakfast? 

Here's the info on the restaurants in the hotel:

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/florida/hyatt-regency-orlando-international-airport/orlan/dining

Also, the food court in the airport (outside of security):

https://www.orlandoairports.net/getting-around-mco/shops-restaurants/

Select "Main terminal" to see the options.

5 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Here's the info on the restaurants in the hotel:

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/florida/hyatt-regency-orlando-international-airport/orlan/dining

Also, the food court in the airport (outside of security):

https://www.orlandoairports.net/getting-around-mco/shops-restaurants/

Select "Main terminal" to see the options.

Thank you! I was having a hard time deciphering what was before and after security! 

We're flying in to Orlando from the UK in January and have booked this hotel for 1 night pre cruise. We've got to get to Port Canaveral the next morning and someone mentioned Cortrans shuttle from this hotel to the port. Are they a well known, reliable company?

Edited by Mim Lloyd

25 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

We're flying in to Orlando from the UK in January and have booked this hotel for 1 night pre cruise. We've got to get to Port Canaveral the next morning and someone mentioned Cortrans shuttle from this hotel to the port. Are they a well known, reliable company?

I have not used Cortrans, but the name pops up on this board frequently. You could do a search.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mim Lloyd said:

I had them recommended to me several times in another group. Locally owned and reliable! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mim Lloyd said:

We've got to get to Port Canaveral the next morning and someone mentioned Cortrans shuttle from this hotel to the port. Are they a well known, reliable company?

I have not used Cortrans, because they are a shared service and that might delay leaving for the port if they have to wait for more passengers or have to go to an area hotel to pick up more passengers to fill the van. If price is the most important consideration, they seem like a good option.

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2021 at 9:01 AM, Mim Lloyd said:

We used Cortrans shuttle service in August. Reliable service and clean shuttle. We will be using them again for a cruise in January. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2021 at 4:16 PM, kelkel2 said:

We stayed at the Hyatt at the Orlando airport in August. It is a nice hotel and certainly convenient because the hotel lobby is right upstairs from baggage claim. They had one restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner due to Covid. They have a nice swimming pool too. They do have rooms facing the runway if you want to watch the planes takeoff but I think those rooms are a few dollars more. We used Cortrans shuttle service. They picked us up at the hotel the next morning and took us to the ship and after the cruise took us back to the airport. 

I would not bother with the carnival bus. You’ll be sitting around for a couple of hours waiting for the bus to fill up with other passengers. 

44 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

We stayed at the Hyatt at the Orlando airport in August. It is a nice hotel and certainly convenient because the hotel lobby is right upstairs from baggage claim. They had one restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner due to Covid. They have a nice swimming pool too. They do have rooms facing the runway if you want to watch the planes takeoff but I think those rooms are a few dollars more. We used Cortrans shuttle service. They picked us up at the hotel the next morning and took us to the ship and after the cruise took us back to the airport. 

I would not bother with the carnival bus. You’ll be sitting around for a couple of hours waiting for the bus to fill up with other passengers. 

Thank you! I think we will go ahead and make reservations with Cortrans!

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 3:04 PM, kelkel2 said:

Thank you! I think we will go ahead and make reservations with Cortrans!

So kelkel2,  How is it being a GB fan in IL.  You must be in the N.W. suburbs like me!  (another GB fan)😁

9 hours ago, Ptown said:

So kelkel2,  How is it being a GB fan in IL.  You must be in the N.W. suburbs like me!  (another GB fan)😁

I’m actually in Central Illinois, about 2 hours south of Chicago. I’ve been a GB fan all my life thanks to a mother who was born is Wisconsin. My dad didn’t have a say (Bears fan). My children are also being raised correctly as Packer Fans! They’re 3 and anytime they see someone wearing the G they say “go pack go!”. I love it, their father and my dad don’t love it 😂

• 3 weeks later...

I moved up here from Peoria a couple of years ago.  It seems to be around 50-50 GB and Bears up here.  But Packer fans were more prominent down in Peoria.  😁

Less than 9 weeks till I'm back on a ship after 2 years off.  😎