Cruise Planner - 1 year old

eggnoodle

Hello,

My son will be 17 month old when we sail in December obviously unvax. In order to to get off the ship we'll need to book a RC excursion but will he be charged; is there an age cutoff or it doesn't matter and we'll need to pay for him as well?

Thank you

I would call Royal on that.  So many excursions are not able to accommodate such a young child.  Check out height and age restrictions on the excursions.  Read the fine print, many excursions ..for example this is for a dolphin excursion, " 

• Minimum height to participate in Dolphin Swim Adventure program is 48 inches. Those under the height requirement may perform Dolphin Encounter only; 1-to-3 years old are free.

The cruise planner shouldn't let you book an excursion for someone who doesn't meet the restrictions, if any. Many have reduced prices for children. I don't know about any being free (it's been a good 16 years since we cruised with anyone that young), but I'd expect that to show up when you're either adding the excursion to your cart or checking out. 

Probably

depends on the excursion, we were booking a beach trip in nassau with my 2 year olds. I selected that they were going and when I got to the check out page, was only billed for the adults. But I couldn’t find that info advertised anywhere.