ms Rotterdam sailaway November 5, 2021

Scrapnana

36 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

There are many signs at the port with the list of ships for the day and the terminal.  Just tell your driver the name of the ship and he will know how to find it.  

Got it! Hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jeh10641 said:

Hi, All on Rotterdam,

I will be watching your posts avidly since we travel on it on 12/01/21. For that, I THANK YOU most profusely in advance. especially sansterre.

On your way in and out of Port Everglades you may notice two high rise buildings on the beach front. They are Point of Americas, Bldg. 1 and 2. 1 is the shorter of the two. My parents lived there from 1969 to 2000 on the NE corner of the 23rd floor. Whenever we visited, we joined the horn tooting for departing/arriving cruise ships (a lot fewer then!). On a clear day, you could see the Statue of Liberty in NY (not really but close!). I know that there will be tears in my eyes as we pass those buildings. 

Enjoy your short cruise.

Jim

What a nice memory Jim!  I share your profuse thanks to sansterre for her posts as she sailed the Rotterdam's first 2 cruises.  Looking forward to December 1!

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jeh10641 said:

Hi, wdw1972 (Sue?),

Will you be on board on Dec. 1, 2021? If so, would like to meet you. Thanks for the sentiment.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Yes, I'll be on the Dec 1 Rotterdam.  I think I've seen your screen name on the roll call.

Sue/WDW1972