Back from first cruise of NORWEGIAN BLISS - lots of pics!

eroller

On 11/8/2021 at 8:03 AM, Niffernay said:

Ok, this picture really threw me off.  First, that could be me in the hot tub. Second I thought there was a person passed out on the running track (again could easily be me). Third - that's a DOG!!  I would be so excited to have a dog on a cruise. I realize it's a working dog and I would not be able to pet it, but it just being there would make me happy. I've never seen a dog on a cruise and I always wondered why as so many people have working animals.  I'm sure others have seen some, but I personally have never seen one.  Ok, my dog geekdom is done for now.  🙂

PS - your pictures are incredible!!

Yay for Dog geekdom.   I just bought this shirt.  It's sentiments fit me perfectly

I Saw A Dog.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Calvin said:

Thank you so, so much for taking the time to post pics from the Bliss, I really appreciate it. Your name, ERoller, sounds so familiar that I wonder if you've been posting for quite some time now? In any event, I am one of those 60 year old big kids who looks forward to cruising so much that I study, er, I mean, peruse any info I find on an upcoming sailings, even if I've already sailed her before. Question: I saw Jersey Boys on the Bliss in 2018, but I didn't see it on the planner.  Did I miss it on the planner, or did NCL discontinue this show on this ship?

You’re quite welcome and glad you enjoyed the pics and comments.  Yes I’m the same ERoller that has been posting here for decades now!  Time sure flies.  

You are correct that Jersey Boys is supposed to headline on BLISS.  We weee told due to Covid it’s been delayed. So hopefully it will be back onboard sooner rather than later.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eroller said:

You’re quite welcome and glad you enjoyed the pics and comments.  Yes I’m the same ERoller that has been posting here for decades now!  Time sure flies.  

You are correct that Jersey Boys is supposed to headline on BLISS.  We weee told due to Covid it’s been delayed. So hopefully it will be back onboard sooner rather than later.  

Thanks, we're sailing in January 2022, so I'm hoping the show will return. LOL, I thought your name looked familiar. We've been cruising since 1998 and I've visited various cruiseboards over the years, so that's why I remembered you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eroller said:

I believe the same things happened with Kinky Boots on the Encore - but within a month or so it was performing again.

• Like 2

This is an incredible post!  You've really knocked yourself out providing all these photos and information... I sincerely appreciate it immensely.

I must say I'm extremely disappointed in the decor of the ship.  You described it as feeling classier than some other ships.  But to me the photos are like an extreme case of depression...  everything EVERYthing is gray.  Uggh.  It looks so ugly (to me) that I'm trying to figure out if we can shift our reservations to a different ship.  Who wants to be on a cruise ship where everything is gray?  I'm really flummoxed by this.  It looks like death, doesn't it?

This is no way is a judgment of your photos, which were superb.  At this point with the false advertisement about Jersey Boys, and the crappy color scheme, I'm scrambling to figure out a new plan.  Really bummed.

On 11/11/2021 at 11:43 PM, styxfire said:

This is an incredible post!  You've really knocked yourself out providing all these photos and information... I sincerely appreciate it immensely.

I must say I'm extremely disappointed in the decor of the ship.  You described it as feeling classier than some other ships.  But to me the photos are like an extreme case of depression...  everything EVERYthing is gray.  Uggh.  It looks so ugly (to me) that I'm trying to figure out if we can shift our reservations to a different ship.  Who wants to be on a cruise ship where everything is gray?  I'm really flummoxed by this.  It looks like death, doesn't it?

This is no way is a judgment of your photos, which were superb.  At this point with the false advertisement about Jersey Boys, and the crappy color scheme, I'm scrambling to figure out a new plan.  Really bummed.

I'm very glad you enjoyed the review!  As for the decor that of course is subjective.  I thought it looked great but we all have different tastes.  I definitely didn't think it looked like death.  If you're looking for something more bright and festive maybe one of the earlier NCL ships?  The most recent NCL ships seemed to have this more subdued decor with muted colors.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2021 at 11:43 PM, styxfire said:

I really don't see this at all.  More earthtoned from the pics I saw.  And I do think it looks upscale compared to other ships I've been on.  I'm sailing next month and getting psyched about it.

As for Jersey Boys, if you saw the Embark videos they alluded to this.  The larger productions take longer to stand up and they just weren't ready on the first cruises.  Six is a much smaller show, I believe 6 cast members on Six versus 13 on JB?  Anyway, I read (somewhere...) JB was supposed to start on late November sailings.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phillygwm said:

I really don't see this at all.  More earthtoned from the pics I saw.  And I do think it looks upscale compared to other ships I've been on.  I'm sailing next month and getting psyched about it.

As for Jersey Boys, if you saw the Embark videos they alluded to this.  The larger productions take longer to stand up and they just weren't ready on the first cruises.  Six is a much smaller show, I believe 6 cast members on Six versus 13 on JB?  Anyway, I read (somewhere...) JB was supposed to start on late November sailings.  

Perfect, just perfect. I would have been a bit disappointed without Jersey Boys. I think I saw it at every opportunity on the Bliss in 2018.

Re colors, I guess I'm just one of those weird guys who is okay with any look as long as it's clean.  I've often told people that, as long as I have a big screen TV and a comfortable couch, I could live in a cave. Besides, I'm willing to bet the decor wasn't nearly as outlandish as some carnival ships I've seen, and that's probably a plus for many.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

Perfect, just perfect. I would have been a bit disappointed without Jersey Boys. I think I saw it at every opportunity on the Bliss in 2018.

I saw JB on Broadway years ago.  I enjoyed it well enough but my friends who were somewhat older were really blown away (tears in their eyes etc.)  I'm slightly after the Four Seasons' time.  Ironically, I have tix for Six on Broadway next Saturday so I may be playing blackjack during both shows on the ship 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Drews_Cruise said:

Phenomenal photography,  well done.  As for the ship decor it’s definitely a different feel than the Princess Ships that we’re used to but I still like it.  Can’t wait to experience our first cruise on NCL next year.   

Thank you.  Yes the decor and overall feel are quite different than Princess.  I would say more sophisticated and contemporary.  I've sailed Princess a lot and have enjoyed them.  The overall cuisine and choice of dining venues I think is a step up from Princess so you will enjoy that on BLISS.  Also that wonderful promenade deck (Waterfront).  The production shows as well on NCL are top notch, up there with Royal Caribbean and Disney.  I would give Princess the nod for being the overall better value.