Retreat-Edge vs. Solstice and Millennium Class Ships

molemaui

We've sailed the Edge twice in Retreat and loved it. I realize the Retreat on the Edge class ships includes a pool which is not in the other ship's Retreat class. 

Can anyone who has sailed the Edge (or Apex) in Retreat AND either a Solstice or Millennium class ship in Retreat compare the differences for me?

For example, how far is the Retreat sundeck from the regular pool(s)? Is the lounge and Luminea somewhat similar?

Thanks!

14 hours ago, molemaui said:

We've sailed the Edge twice in Retreat and loved it. I realize the Retreat on the Edge class ships includes a pool which is not in the other ship's Retreat class. 

Can anyone who has sailed the Edge (or Apex) in Retreat AND either a Solstice or Millennium class ship in Retreat compare the differences for me?

For example, how far is the Retreat sundeck from the regular pool(s)? Is the lounge and Luminea somewhat similar?

Thanks!

Honestly the Retreat on Edge Class ships was designed into the ship and most things are adjacent and integrated.  Much nicer.  Other class ships have pieces renamed (like Michael's Club) and Luminae from original build design.  So they are a bit disjointed.  Not the same experience.

We have done the retreat on Edge and Equinox. On Edge, the entire experience is located close to each other . Luminae deck 12 right off front elevators. Retreat Longe deck 15 right off front elevators. Sun deck, will pool bar and food, deck 16 right off front elevators. 

On Equinox, Luminae was carved out of the main dining room, so it’s in the aft. Sun deck with no pool or bat is in the front . Retreat Lounge is just aft of the aft elevators. Not as cohesive a setup, but as was said, the E-class was designed with a retreat area in mind. 

The biggest plus of the Equinox setup is at Luminae you can order anything off MDR menus since they are adjacent. All other pluses go to E- class.

mac_tlc