Favorite Stop

ctbrown24

Re; Magan's Bay: When we were there it was a wee bit crowded, at the bar, under the overhang, because of the rain! (who goes to the beach to get wet I ask you?), but if you walked down the beach away from the bar it was very quiet and not many people at all.

Grand Cayman, Grand Cayman, Grand Cayman!!!!

(Can you tell I love Grand Cayman?)

GC is my number two favorite stop. I did my first open water dive in Stingray City. It's the most amazing experience, those animals in their habitat. Seeing them, touching them, feeling the water lap around you and the sun on your back as you experience the sandbar.

I am not a fan of the rest of the island, except for sailing and snorkling, but I am so happy in SC it does not matter.

Aruba in the South. Grand Cayman in the West. Safe and the beaches are great. Have yet to do an Eastern.

Bobbie, We are going to Cozumel in 2 weeks. How was it after hurricane and how was tender. I have heard about the horrific lines to get off and on ship. Did you rent a car? Or take a taxi? What did you do? Trying to decide what to do there.

We are diamond members so we got tender tickets from the Conceirge. We took a taxi to Paradise Beach. We love it there. It was our third time at the beach and our fourth time in Cozumel. Every other time we rented a jeep. (When we had the four kids with us we had to rent a minivan). It is VERY easy to get around Cozumel. This time we just went to the beach and then went shopping downtown before we went back to the ship. We were on the first tender over and we were on the last one back. I just LOVE that island. They have $1 Coronas downtown and they are sooo good and cold. It's a great place to people watch. Jut look for the 99 cent Corona sign when you are walking on the main street facing the water. (About mid way down).

It was a little sad to see the island after the hurricane, because we knew what it was like before. But everyone on the island was in great spirits and as funny as ever.

When you walk by the shops downtown, listen to what locals are saying as people walk by. It's funny. They will say "come into my store, look around" if you say "no thanks" they will usually say something funny. Not rude, but funny. I wish I could remember some of the things they said. They are fun to talk to :)

This article is what made me fall in love with Cozumel even before I got there....

http://www.bootsnall.com/namericatravelguides/jul02cozumel.shtml

Bobbie

Stingray City was real cool. It was just too crowded though. Luckily we were on a small boat with only 20 people or so. Other boats had nearly 100.

Charter a boat (not bad with large groups of 10 or more) or do a Nativeway Tour. Far less people they go to a less busy spot. I would never take a ships excursion here.

Favorite Eastern Caribbean would be St Thomas to go to St John

Western Caribbean, I would chose Cozumel.

One thing that I would like to mention is that we are summer cruisers so we don't get the exotic southern caribbean itinerary options. Would love to do St Kitts, St Lucia, Antigua....

Archived