Favorite Stop

ctbrown24

St. Maarten was, by far, my favorite port!!! The people were very friendly, there were beautiful beaches and it was quite clean. We did the Rhino Rider excursion there, which I HIGHLY recommend. It was the most fun I've ever had on an excursion or visiting/exploring an island. I definitely hope to someday vacation in St. Maarten without going on a cruise. Don't get me wrong... cruises are by far my favorite vacation, but I found St. Maarten so spectacular that I just may have to fly there and vacation!

Derek

I just asked my DH this same question over dinner the other night (when the temps drop well below freezing, gotta keep my mind on beautiful beaches or I get a little cranky!). His is Aruba, mine is probably Bermuda, with St. Thomas and St. Marteen tying for second for both of us. Ahh, I can't wait to go back!

The FIRST stop, because I know that my cruise is just beginning!

My LEAST favorite stop is the LAST stop, because I know that in a day or so the cruise is over and they'll be kicking my sorry butt of the ship!

--Tom

I am the only one in the forums I think but Jamaica, any stop in Jamaica. Ocho, Mo Bay either one is good for me. I get out of town on a private tour or head to Rose Hall (Mo Bay) or the old San Souci (Ocho), which is now a Couples Resort (I don't know if they even do day passes anymore but it's a gogeous resort). I have land vacationed in Jamaica 13 times now and it's like home to me. I will retire there if I win the lotto. It's 150 mil this week. Wish me luck!

My favorite stops would probably have to be St. Lucia and Grenada. In St. Lucia we did a Jeep trip and it was absolutely breath taking. What a beutiful island. Getting off the boat in Grenada, you can just smell all of the wonderful spices that come from there. I also would really like to go back to Venezuela to visit the Murano Glass Factory again. What incredible deals on beautiful glass.

Cozumel is my favorite so far. It's so easy to get around, the food is great, and I have never felt like I wasn't safe when we were doing our own thing. Everyone on the island that we have met has been friendly and helpful. Even the shop owners ;)

Bobbie

Aruba in the South. Grand Cayman in the West. Safe and the beaches are great. Have yet to do an Eastern.

Bobbie, We are going to Cozumel in 2 weeks. How was it after hurricane and how was tender. I have heard about the horrific lines to get off and on ship. Did you rent a car? Or take a taxi? What did you do? Trying to decide what to do there.

Archived