Pcr testing info Canadians

Florida_gal_50

3 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

We were on the same cruise with Ann and Pat on the Eurodam in Europe and the Canadians received the PCR test on board ship which enabled us to return to Canada and to make our flight from Munich to Toronto . Our papers with the proof of being negative were from an Italian Laboratory which we received a day after our tests were taken . So everything went very smooth and there was not a problem once we arrived in Toronto . 

But since we have booked another cruise from and to San Diego I would like to hear from Canadians cruising now and who arrive back in the US if they are getting the PCR test on board ship to be able to fly back to Canada with proof from a laboratory .

Thank you @Florida_gal_50 for raising this question !

Tony 

I'm counting on it.  I'm on the koningsdam right now and from everything I've heard it will happen.  Once everything is done and dusted I will report back.  I think as Canadians it's the right thing to do to inform others who go after you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I'm counting on it.  I'm on the koningsdam right now and from everything I've heard it will happen.  Once everything is done and dusted I will report back.  I think as Canadians it's the right thing to do to inform others who go after you.

When you got onboard did you have to go to Guest Services to request the PCR test so they could schedule it?

I can't remember which thread, but I thought I read that people found instructions in the stateroom 'mail slot' which assigned a time to report to which area and there were boxes you could check for PCR or Antigen

1 hour ago, Alfisti said:

When you got onboard did you have to go to Guest Services to request the PCR test so they could schedule it?

I can't remember which thread, but I thought I read that people found instructions in the stateroom 'mail slot' which assigned a time to report to which area and there were boxes you could check for PCR or Antigen

I went to guest services right away.  He said it would be done shoreside which doesn't appear to be the case.  I had to have an antigen because I'm doing a b2b.  I told her I have concerns about getting a PCR and she said don't be.  This lady works in the medical center.  She called me yesterday to say they will do it Saturday and I'll have results later that night.  I know from speaking to others it doesn't take days and days.  You are remembering correctly that paper was circulated on the Eurodam and posted by Victoriaann and vmax.

This was the form we got on Eurodam in Europe - hopefully you will get the same in the Caribbean:

IMG_0593.thumb.jpeg.caa7cbef261cd6c30eadaee41a47cdbc.jpeg

I just saw an item in the news that mentioned that Canada may be dropping the PCR requirement for short visits to the US, so hopefully they will do the same for all travel soon, and then the antigen tests will be sufficient, and so much easier.

1205213427_ScreenShot2021-11-17at12_00_28PM.thumb.jpeg.2479ae02e211b6e2aa227f2988aba57d.jpeg

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2