PLF - Caribbean Fly Cruises

Marmaduke

I was under the impression that if you were going on a cruise you could complete and submit  the UK PLF within the 48 hours prior to boarding, but having just checked the government website, the wording has been changed and it would now seem that it can only be done in advance for cruises that are visiting or returning to the UK.  Therefore it would appear that people on a fly cruise have to submit the form 48 hours before returning to the UK.  How are people on the Caribbean fly cruises coping with this, are P & O making free wi fi available ?

We are flying to the Caribbean on 4th December for our Britannia cruise. As I understand it you can register and complete some of the PLF before you fly out and finish it in the 48 hours before you arrive back in the UK.  P&O say help will be available during this time. When we sailed in September it was very chaotic as lots of people were struggling to complete their forms but I think this has now been addressed. There is guest WiFi available on the last two days also.

Some feedback has just been provided on the Marella forum from a returning cruiser flyer from the transitioning cruise, chaos it seems in the final 48hrs, have a read of it, definitely do as much as possible in advance.

Edited by squink

How far in advance can you start the PLF account, is it a month or can you create the account earlier?  I'm getting confused with the account bit.  I have a Government Gateway account is this the one I need or is there a different one - I note you have to have a very long password for the PLF but and my GG one is nowhere near that length.

Does it depend on your actual travel date when you open the account, we have 17 December departure.