Vaccination Card: Sailing from the U.S.?

oceantriumph

MSC and PortAuthority require original card.
We had port yesterday that asked to see our vaccination cards when we came  off ship.

They tell you to take vaccination card, gov/photo ID and cruise ship card when you go off ship for ports

18 hours ago, phissy said:

MSC and PortAuthority require original card.
We had port yesterday that asked to see our vaccination cards when we came  off ship.

They tell you to take vaccination card, gov/photo ID and cruise ship card when you go off ship for ports

What port was that?  

They said same for us in Jamaica and Nassau.  Neither asked once on land.

Jamaica had some sort of head scanning equipment, who knows if it even worked.  When we came back, there were a couple people there but no longer scanning anyone leaving.  Must have been break time.

This whole must have vax card with you reminds me of watching World War Two movies and people being asked for their 'papers' when traveling.

Have a great finish to your trip.

• Like 2

We had to show them in Bonaire.

First they had security check bags and then next stop was showing vax cards. 
I was in a hurry to get to my snorkel boat on time…so..ugh.

By the way, best port stop EVER. Protected reef so fish and corals were amazing.

All the locals were asking about MSC as they have never seen ship from this line before. They were surprised it was Italian and now sailing in US.

we told them there are actually more sailing Caribbean now.

In Curacao, they did security bag check and then reminding all that masks were needed when going around town. 
Jamaica was as described . Nassau was a total non event. Only bad part was wearing masks when it so hot and humid. Shop owners insisted on masks.

Heading for Ocean Cay today. We will be there tomorrow.
Then on to Cape Canaveral on Sunday for disembarkation.

21 hours ago, phissy said:

We had to show them in Bonaire.

First they had security check bags and then next stop was showing vax cards. 
I was in a hurry to get to my snorkel boat on time…so..ugh.

By the way, best port stop EVER. Protected reef so fish and corals were amazing.

All the locals were asking about MSC as they have never seen ship from this line before. They were surprised it was Italian and now sailing in US.

we told them there are actually more sailing Caribbean now.

In Curacao, they did security bag check and then reminding all that masks were needed when going around town. 
Jamaica was as described . Nassau was a total non event. Only bad part was wearing masks when it so hot and humid. Shop owners insisted on masks.

Heading for Ocean Cay today. We will be there tomorrow.
Then on to Cape Canaveral on Sunday for disembarkation.

Wow, didn't even realize they were going to the ABCs yet.  Been long time since we've been there.  Did get to Aruba a couple times for work.

Nassau we were there twice only a couple days apart and could not figure out if the second trip it was a requirement to wear masks everywhere vs first time it did not.  I was surprised Senor Frogs and Hard Rock were still closed, not that we'd go, but always seemed busy.