Debarkation in Seattle & flight times

tmc057

I've tried asking this in a few different spots with no response, and can't find anything in the search function. Hoping someone has an answer.

We're doing a royal caribbean cruise out of Seattle August 15-22. Arrives back into Seattle port on the 22nd at 7am. Assuming I can get an early debarkation, is it within the realm of possibility that I would make it to a 12pm flight out of SeaTac without being majorly rushed/stressed? That is the latest same day departure that I can find out of SEA that will get me to my final destination same day.

I think we are likely doing that same combination of flights on the 15th for our return to YYZ.  We think it’ll likely be okay, as long as the ship isn’t late getting back.

Our plan is to do pre-arranged private transport rather than a shuttle thru the cruise line.  They want you off pretty early anyway, and it’s not that far to the airport, looks like about 30 min.  We have Nexus/Pre-Check and are flying premium so I’m not too worried about airport lines, though.

• Like 1

that looks like an awesome service, but their website says Air Canada is not one of their participating airlines. I wonder if it's a covid thing right now. I know we can't check in online for flights between countries right now because they need to check our covid tests before they can check us in at the airport

12pm *should* be OK, however, you're disembarking on a Monday, and rush hour traffic in Seattle is no joke - there's no way to go around it from the pier. If there's any accident on I5, it's gridlock. Example - we live 45 minutes north of SEA and it took us close to 2.5 hours last month because of rush hour+crash on the interstate. So as long as there's no delays with customs being able to disembark on time, 12pm should be OK, but I wouldn't go earlier. 

Edited by psuboater

On 12/2/2021 at 1:35 PM, psuboater said:

12pm *should* be OK, however, you're disembarking on a Monday, and rush hour traffic in Seattle is no joke - there's no way to go around it from the pier. If there's any accident on I5, it's gridlock. Example - we live 45 minutes north of SEA and it took us close to 2.5 hours last month because of rush hour+crash on the interstate. So as long as there's no delays with customs being able to disembark on time, 12pm should be OK, but I wouldn't go earlier. 

Psuboater is right about the traffic here, it's bad! That said, SEA is south of downtown & cruise docks so once you wind your way up to the freeway you should be going opposite of the worst of it. Theoretically.

Too bad you can't stay in town a day or two as August is a pretty nice time of year here. And do check back on port valet. Seems like Air Canada should be on the list for Pete's sake.

Good luck & happy cruising!