Botanical Garden in PV

ohscrap

I will be in PV next week and am interested in visiting the Botanical Garden. But I haven't seen much chatter about it online. Is it worth a visit? How is the best way to get there from the cruise port? Was it damaged during the recent hurricane? The cruise line doesn't offer an excursion there, so it made me wonder if it is worth the time and trouble to get there. 

We like the botanical garden a lot and are frequent visitors. More information please check their website: https://www.vbgardens.org/

From the cruisetermnal the easiest way  is an Uber,  Indriver or taxi.  Not all will pickup at the terminal, but on the road nearby. The gardens are situated south of Puerto Vallarta. Talk also with the driver for the return, not always there will be cabs waiting there. For taxis always make your price before entering.

Public transport in this case is rather complicated and takes up a lot of time.   You might find private guides/drivers at the terminal offering their car, also here make a price. It will take about 30/40 minutes from the terminal to the garden.

• Like 1

I went once, because the free PV newspaper (which I tend to read on-line every week) was so glowing about it.  It was a hassle to get there and back, but it was worthwhile for a one-time visit. 

Sorry to the Garden's supporters, but as a cruise passenger with limited time, it is not high on my list for a repeat visit.

• Like 1