Additional cancellation for Horizon, Substituting Carnival Liberty on 1/8 and 1/16.

K&RCurt

On 12/3/2021 at 10:49 AM, CruiserLucas said:

It's weird you didn't get a correspondence (check your junk/spam?). My sailing is the 26th and the email I received mentions the 19th, 26th, and 31st sailings.

Screenshot 2021-12-03 104827.jpg

We're also sailing 12/26 and did not receive this correspondence. Checked junk/spam/promotions folders and nothing. 

Curious if this letter mentions the Sunshine or if it just talks about Liberty like the letter posted for the Jan sailings? 

2 hours ago, CaptMStubing1986 said:

We're also sailing 12/26 and did not receive this correspondence. Checked junk/spam/promotions folders and nothing. 

Curious if this letter mentions the Sunshine or if it just talks about Liberty like the letter posted for the Jan sailings? 

We're on the 12/26 cruise, too. The letter for 12/19, 12/26, and 12/31 says the 2 ships are being brought back into service early to handle the Horizon bookings. We are to receive cabin confirmation by 12/16 so, we'll know then which ship we'll be on. 

Add: the 12/16 date I mentioned is only for our 12/26 cruise. The other 2 cruises will be notified by corresponding dates.

Edited by mondello
Add
  • Like 1

After consulting with the family, we are canceling. It hurts as we had a great rate on balcony cabins but travel these days requires some commitment. We were most looking forward to trying a new ship and visiting Grand Turk but, ultimately, we all came to the same conclusion that with the downgrade of ship, we just aren't as excited about this cruise anymore and we no longer consider it to be worth the effort to travel from the North East for a 5 day cruise.  

I hope everyone gets good reassignments, and that Grand Turk survives the changes. Good Luck all.

• Like 1

I have high hopes, but I’m expecting they’ll put me in a balcony…definitely not worth the $$$ I paid for Havana.  I know there has to be many of us upset.  It’s a shame.  I’m happy for the other people that aren’t getting the shaft so there Christmas isn’t ruined like mine.  

You will be with your family if you go and that is the important thing about the holidays (Christmas is still coming on December 25th either way)!  You will make the best of it AND if you do not think it is worth it at this point, cancel...you have the option (you may not like it BUT you have it).  You do not have any more control over the situation except to continue with your plans (and make the best of it) or cancel this cruise and rebook for another time or rebook on another line for same timeframe. 

Hopefully you can step up and set the tone for a relaxing and fun holiday and the rest of your family will follow.  Attitude is everything when life gets in the way.  Good Luck and have a blast!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Drazil65 said:

I have high hopes, but I’m expecting they’ll put me in a balcony…definitely not worth the $$$ I paid for Havana.  I know there has to be many of us upset.  It’s a shame.  I’m happy for the other people that aren’t getting the shaft so there Christmas isn’t ruined like mine.  

You will be with your family if you go and that is the important thing about the holidays (Christmas is still coming on December 25th either way)!  You will make the best of it AND if you do not think it is worth it at this point, cancel...you have the option (you may not like it BUT you have it).  You do not have any more control over the situation except to continue with your plans (and make the best of it) or cancel this cruise and rebook for another time or rebook on another line for same timeframe. 

Hopefully you can step up and set the tone for a relaxing and fun holiday and the rest of your family will follow.  Attitude is everything when life gets in the way.  Good Luck and have a blast!

Yes it is!   I haven't cancelled as of yet.  I figured I'd see what they give me for a cabin and go from there.  So at this point.....I'm still cruising  🙂  

I was looking forward to going on the Horizon like everyone else since we have never sailed on her.  I had done my exploring and was ready.

When I received the letter, I read it to my husband and shrugged my shoulders and said.."at least they didn't cancel the cruise".  (He couldn't care less what ship)

Yes, it is disappointing when you are looking forward to something and that changes. A cabin is a cabin whether it be inside, balcony, etc.  We don't spend much time in there anyway..

My theory--Life is too short to get upset over things you cannot control.  We go with the flow and we will have a great time ringing in the new year no matter what ship. (Now I have to explore the Liberty & Sunshine which we have never sailed!)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, hapytobehr said:

I was looking forward to going on the Horizon like everyone else since we have never sailed on her.  I had done my exploring and was ready.

When I received the letter, I read it to my husband and shrugged my shoulders and said.."at least they didn't cancel the cruise".  (He couldn't care less what ship)

Yes, it is disappointing when you are looking forward to something and that changes. A cabin is a cabin whether it be inside, balcony, etc.  We don't spend much time in there anyway..

My theory--Life is too short to get upset over things you cannot control.  We go with the flow and we will have a great time ringing in the new year no matter what ship. (Now I have to explore the Liberty & Sunshine which we have never sailed!)

If people had mardi gras cancelled I could understand it, but horizon is nothing special to me. Vista class wasnt even liked when it first came out with small theater and comedy club and promenade deck all closed in. Reviews werent good. I do understand if you paid for the Havana area, but the rest of the ship isnt much special. I hoped I was wrong and did vista and b2b breeze since restart and liked breeze better. 

Remember only a few months ago people said just get me on a ship even if we miss all the ports. Clearly many no longer are just glad cruises restarted. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Remember only a few months ago people said just get me on a ship even if we miss all the ports. Clearly many no longer are just glad cruises restarted. 

Well, honestly due to all the cancellations and moving about we have already been on 2 cruises this year and we are booked for an ABC cruise next year so we didn't think it would be a great experience on an older and smaller ship just being pulled out of mothballs and not worth the $200 OBC .  So we punted and cancelled.

I fully understand that everyone has their own reasons to make their own choice.  I really sympathize with those who booked Havana Cabins.  If they don't end up in suites or significantly more OBC or a partial refund / FCC I feel they are getting screwed over big time. 

Edited by K&RCurt

12 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

Well, honestly due to all the cancellations and moving about we have already been on 2 cruises this year and we are booked for an ABC cruise next year so we didn't think it would be a great experience on an older and smaller ship just being pulled out of mothballs and not worth the $200 OBC .  So we punted and cancelled.

I fully understand that everyone has their own reasons to make their own choice.  I really sympathize with those who booked Havana Cabins.  If they don't end up in suites or significantly more OBC or a partial refund / FCC I feel they are getting screwed over big time. 

I particularly did t like vista but booked it last sept because it was the only 7 day ship out of Galveston at the time. Still wasnt crazy about it. ..though I also posted same as you Havana should get extra compensation.

ABC as in the ABC islands? I just looked at a cruise there out of Miami. I was trying to maybe pair up my oasis march 2023 cruise with partial Panama. There is one a day later out of ft Lauderdale 11 days, and a cheaper ABC cruise for 8 days right before out of miami.

Those are about the only ports I've missed and looking to book but in 2023. I'm looking at the same thing lol. I havent done rcl in years and so dec 12 will be the first time back not carnival and I will see if I like it better or not. Maybe I'm just not as big of a carnival fan as some on here. I did 3 carnival since the restart, 6 cancellations between both lines. I could yell and scream because I booked allure and got liberty next march. They changed ships because the new port not done. Now my ports keep getting changed to the same thing .. so yes 2023 time to get out to new ports. ABC or partial Panama. I've been twisted into a pretzel but going to do what is left booked. I didnt intend 7 liberty OTS in a row! Gotta roll with the punches. .or cancel as you decided to do. Oasis was my favorite so horizon just not exciting. 

Enjoy ABC

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BasicSailor
24 minutes ago, golferpcc said:

Since Freedom could not dock at Bonaire nor Aruba, what are the chances we will get cancelled or totally change the itinerary?  I'm only taking this cruise as I want to see/snorkel in Bonaire. 

I would say limited, very limited.